Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Browser question

Hey all, I am considering purchasing the revue, I did a quick search but didn't find an answer. Basically I will be using the Revue as a Home theater replacement (was considering a full HTPC but this is cheaper).

The main use will be the browser on the box, does it support flash? I watch a lot of live streams on justintv/own3d/ustream etc will they work in the browser?

Also anyone know of an easier way to get one in Canada then having a friend ship one up to me as direct buy is so much easier especially for warranty.

I have read that it supports flash, but check the Google TV official site for more.

ROM
    cm7 android 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by macdonsr View Post
    Hey all, I am considering purchasing the revue, I did a quick search but didn't find an answer. Basically I will be using the Revue as a Home theater replacement (was considering a full HTPC but this is cheaper).

The main use will be the browser on the box, does it support flash? I watch a lot of live streams on justintv/own3d/ustream etc will they work in the browser?

Also anyone know of an easier way to get one in Canada then having a friend ship one up to me as direct buy is so much easier especially for warranty.
    Yes it does. On top of that there is a leaked gingerbread Rom so you van run android apps as well.
    http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue-f12/topic15.html

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Muddyml View Post
    Yes it does. On top of that there is a leaked gingerbread Rom so you van run android apps as well.
    GTVhacker • View topic - Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the quick replies, I read about the honey comb beta little risky for me a you can't go back but if it supports flash it should support most streams. now to get one shipped to canada

Default Re: Browser question

Quote Originally Posted by macdonsr View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies, I read about the honey comb beta little risky for me a you can't go back but if it supports flash it should support most streams. now to get one shipped to canada
    3.1b is worth it - there are very few bugs other than those found in apps you might install that aren't designed for gtv. (you'll have to sideload them to get them installed, though - the market is already set up to not let you install an app that won't work).

As for flash, the Chrome default browser supports flash, but not all sites. Sites such as hulu.com have been blocked by the content providers. The only other browser I've seen work is the X-Scope browser. But it's buggy and it doesn't support flash.