google tv working apps

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
hey everyone, not sure if this has been done yet, without being buried in other threads but could everyone put the apps that they have got to install and work from the android market onto their google tv here. so we can all partake in the awesomeness that is this leaked build of honeycomb for google tv.....loving the ui overhaul personally.

***Working App List***
Tapatalk - Apk from phone
Furdiburb lite- gtv market
EZPDFreader
Google+
My Cast Weather
Pulse

Last edited by a moderator:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Great idea! I only loaded the tapatalk app pushed from my phone and it works great.

Also made this a sticky for now so it wont get lost. Maybe we can make a master list in the first post of all the apps. Ill add in mine and the op can add as they are found. Please post if it was loaded from the market or a other way.

sent by CyanogenMod X

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Nice... I installed "furdiburb lite" but game is pretty bad lol, but will edit my post. Would/can any moderator take over this thread?

jpmi23

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I just got my Logitech Revue (yesterday). How are you side loading these apps? Dropbox or something? I've seen threads about using apps, but nothing about installing apps.
Thanks in advance.

Zapote21

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have found that a lot of apps work just fine... I now have the music apk from ICS on there and its great... Problem is the lack of room on the unit for apps... Cant really have that many...

globality

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
hey everyone, not sure if this has been done yet, without being buried in other threads but could everyone put the apps that they have got to install and work from the android market onto their google tv here. so we can all partake in the awesomeness that is this leaked build of honeycomb for google tv.....loving the ui overhaul personally.

***Working App List***
Tapatalk - Apk from phone
Furdiburb lite- gtv market
EZPDFreader
Google+
My Cast Weather
Pulse

Can we use these apps on Sony Internet TV? Or they are only for hacked Logitech?

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
That's great. Thanks! Sorry I am a newbie. So how do I load a APK to Sony TV? Do I need to root or hack? Or these apps are available in Android Market?

First open the GTV 2.0 Market app to see if these apps are available. If not, you should be able to sideload (by turning on unknown sources in settings) by running the apk file from a USB drive. I am not sure what you use to browse the USB drive, but people have done it. No need to hack or root.

globality

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
First open the GTV 2.0 Market app to see if these apps are available. If not, you should be able to sideload (by turning on unknown sources in settings) by running the apk file from a USB drive. I am not sure what you use to browse the USB drive, but people have done it. No need to hack or root.

Great! Gonna try it out after the update!

gvc

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I was able to load "File Expert" from the market (https://market.android.com/details?...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsInhjeGluLmZpbGV4cGVydCJd). It is a file manager that also has network browsing capability. I was able to peruse my home network from my Sony GoogleTV bluray and install apk files directly off of my main pc.

File Expert can also show all the files on the GoogleTV device(system folders too). now it needs to get rooted, if possible?

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was able to download Slacker Radio directly from the Market, it looks just like the phone version on landscape with not so great graphics, but it works perfect. I did login into my account through Slacker settings.

There is one station on iheartradio which I would love to get, but have to go through Chrome in order to listen to it. I went to Search iheartradio in the Market, but didn't show up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown