1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default STB=>Revue=>TV Volume significantly lower

Just picked up the Revue the other day. Ran through all the steps on setting up.

I have a Verizon Fios (Motorola QIP7100 2) HD STB and a 32" LG 32LE5300.

When I connect the Revue in between the two, the volume is significantly lower than if I connected the STB straight to the TV.

For example, what I normally watch on volume 6-8 from STB=>TV, I would need to turn up the volume to 16-18 if I connected STB=>Revue=>TV.

I'm not much of a sound person, but would anyone know why the Revue would lower the sound output by that much?
    Not quite a noob

ROM
    Synergy r64

Default Re: STB=>Revue=>TV Volume significantly lower

I'm experiencing the same thing. Volume it's lower if I watch TV channels, but if I start Netflix or Youtube or you name it, the volume it's fine. WTH?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by danperde View Post
    I'm experiencing the same thing. Volume it's lower if I watch TV channels, but if I start Netflix or Youtube or you name it, the volume it's fine. WTH?
    I tried Netflix as well, the sound output is normal..
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

quite a few people have the same problem

There is still no fix for it, but someone mentioned if they replaced the HDMI cables with a newer one it could fix the problem, not verified though.
    Not quite a noob

ROM
    Synergy r64

Quote Originally Posted by justinangil View Post
    There is still no fix for it, but someone mentioned if they replaced the HDMI cables with a newer one it could fix the problem, not verified though.
    I got my HDMI cable when I bought my Revue, 2 weeks ago, so I don't believe you can get any newer then that.

ROM
    clean rom ics

I find the opposite. I have a motorola dcx-3400 set STB and when I switch to the revue, the revue is much louder and I have to turn the volume down. As for the STB, it is the same as before I got the revue.

i have it STB(dish)-Revue-TV with optical from the revue to the AVR and if i restart my revue with it set to pcm the volume will be way too low. but it i switch it from dolby then back its fixed(till another restart).

probably not the same problem as you guys tho. i use pcm when watching netflix and non hd channels so my avr can do pro logic. and use dolby digital for hd channels. through hdmi i was getting stuck with 7.1 heh