Tivo + Antenna + Revue = ?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Currently I have antenna only, no cable or dish. The antenna comes into my Tivo and then HDMI out to my TV.

I assume I can put the Revue between my Tivo and TV? Does anyone else have this setup? I know the LR won't control the Tivo, but otherwise, does this work OK?

dbattenfl

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a TIVO with only an OTA antenna. The TIVO is hooked to the Revue and then to the TV, all via HDMI
It all works wonderfully. I can control it all from the logitech keyboard that came with the Revue or from my Logitech Harmony Remote. The Revue controls the TIVO by way of an IR Blaster. It blast a stong IR signal. I mounted it outside the cabnet and 2 feet above the TIVO and it still never misses.

I also have a Logitech DiNOVO Mini and it controls the Revue. (doesnt do well with the TIVO though)
So I leave the large keyboard over at my desk (I can still see the TV) so I no longer have to chase a remote.

The Revue keyboard also controls the volume and power on myPioneer AV Reciever.

After buying the Revue, I dumped my Media Center PC and almost never use my Blueray player any more. Only for DVD and Blueray. With all this, who needs cable... :)

David

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
My Revue is connected between my TV and TiVo as well. I am able to control my TiVo using the Revue's keyboard or app without using the IR blaster. My Revue is sitting on top of the TiVo.

TiVo Premiere, if it matters.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

yacoubean

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I also have this setup, and I am not using the IR blaster. All works like a charm. And yes, who needs Cable anymore? Wait...sports. Oh well, I just go to my Dad's house for that. :)

dbattenfl

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
With OTA only, you can get the TiVo monthly subscription for $9.95 a month instead of the. $19.95.
I found a code only to use when signing up.