Logitech Revue update to Honeycomb pictures

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Received it about an hour ago. Pretty lame looking. No HBO go or hulu so its kind of useless, for me that is.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

HBO GO on the first firmware was just a web bookmark. No reason that it shouldn't still work.

Hulu wasn't present before this update nor was it promised with the update.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Good Morning,

I spoke with Logitech support this morning. They are rolling out the update in batches in no particular order. It started yesterday morning and will go through this coming Monday. If you do not have it yet, you will have it soon.

Reactions: hawleywood6380

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
No HBO go or hulu so its kind of useless, for me that is.

HBO Go certainly works, just load the webpage.

Hulu is still blocked, but the GTVhacker guys did find a way to unblock it (but it requires you to use the Beta version of HC, and not load the OTA update). It wasn't an easy process (requires ADB, which a command line program).

Last edited:

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I was really hoping for a dedicated HBO GO app. Going through the browser is kind of a pain. Bummer.

IMO they should really have a bunch of dedicated apps that are specific to watching different types of programs/movies (netflix, hbo go, hulu, blockbuster, other networks with streaming) That is the huge benefit to me. Then I can watch this stuff on my TV EASILY rather than on a computer. That is what I see as the benefit of an internet tv like Google TV.... Just my .02

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If it will run ESPN3 consistently and with near-HD quality, this will be worth it for me. I cut the cable cord last year and ESPN is the only thing I truely miss. I watch it on my laptop but it isn't the same.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Still waiting for my update. I am able to use HBO GO now and should be okay after the upgrade. Have no problem using Hulu Plus because I have a Samsung Smart TV :)

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Got mine. Danbury, CT

421e6859-7930-2cd6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

deathbysnoosnoo

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
HBO GO on the first firmware was just a web bookmark. No reason that it shouldn't still work.

Hulu wasn't present before this update nor was it promised with the update.

I never a stated they they broke a promise of it being available with this update. It *should* be available though regardless.

So in essence the revue doesn't really do anything that my xbox can't already do. And in the very near future the xbox will make the revue 100% obsolete.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I never a stated they they broke a promise of it being available with this update. It *should* be available though regardless.

So in essence the revue doesn't really do anything that my xbox can't already do. And in the very near future the xbox will make the revue 100% obsolete.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That's not the blame of Google or Logitech though. That's Hulu's decision. Maybe they'll lift the restriction one day. Google TV has plenty more to offer even if some functionality is found in other devices. I can watch Netflix and listen to Pandora on my TiVo but I prefer to through my Revue.

colonelswizz

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
If it will run ESPN3 consistently and with near-HD quality, this will be worth it for me. I cut the cable cord last year and ESPN is the only thing I truely miss. I watch it on my laptop but it isn't the same.

It works on ESPN 3 but not great. Video quality is decent. The two biggest issues I have had is it is SLOW AS S*#$! and shockwave flash player crashes often. From what I have read there is nothing you can do about the shockwave issue right now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski