Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Able Remote for Google TV

Able Remote 2.3.1 for Google TV has been released in the Google Play Store:

The ultimate Google TV remote. Turn your Android device into a Google TV remote. A Google TV featured app!

Able Remote 2.3.1 includes:
    - Favorite web bookmarks.
    - Support for international countries.

Many users have asked for individual buttons for web sites. In this release, the previous bookmarks feature has been moved to the favorites tabs at the bottom of the main screen. You can now create a button for each of your favorite web sites.

This release also includes improvements for international countries. Since these countries will not get channel listings from Google TV, we have added auto-complete to the manual channel feature for the most popular channels in each country. Thanks to the users who tested this release in their various countries!

Learn more about Able Remote:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

For users who are experiencing issues with Able Remote and the Vizio Co-Star: The Vizio Co-Star device does not have an internal or cabled IR blaster. Only the Co-Star physical remote has a IR blaster. The physical remote can be used to send the IR commands for IP remotes such as Able Remote, but it is disabled by default. The remote goes into power save mode when the physical buttons aren’t pressed. You have to disable power save: Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth -> Vizio XRA700 Remote -> Remote power save -> Off. The remote will be on all the time and can then be used to forward the IR commands for Able Remote. You have to point the remote at the devices and of course the remote battery will be drained faster. Its an awkward solution, but it is the only technical solution that Vizio has provided.

I downloaded the most recent version onto my revue & SIII. Glad to be able to use the phone again to control the revue.

The app works much better than the original Logitech software I had on my iPhone.

I can't figure out one thing though, how does one get the weather overlay. I can't find a weather widget or a way to create one. How does one activate the weather overlay?

Thanks.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Able Remote 2.3.2 for Google TV has been released in the Google Play Store:

The ultimate Google TV remote. Turn your Android device into a Google TV remote. A Google TV featured app!

This is a bug fix release.

Able Remote 2.3.2 includes:
    - Fix for not showing buttons touch feedback.
    - Fix for international channel listings.
    - Fix for weather.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sailindawg View Post
    I downloaded the most recent version onto my revue & SIII. Glad to be able to use the phone again to control the revue.

The app works much better than the original Logitech software I had on my iPhone.

I can't figure out one thing though, how does one get the weather overlay. I can't find a weather widget or a way to create one. How does one activate the weather overlay?

Thanks.
    Use the Menu Edit Buttons option to add the weather button which is listed at the bottom of the Devices tab.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Able Remote is awesome. This app alone makes the Vizio Co-Star worth the purchase. Love controlling my tv w/ my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by entertailion View Post
    Able Remote 2.3.2 for Google TV has been released in the Google Play Store:

This is a bug fix release.

Able Remote 2.3.2 includes:
    - Fix for not showing buttons touch feedback.
    - Fix for international channel listings.
    - Fix for weather.

- - - Updated - - -

Use the Menu Edit Buttons option to add the weather button which is listed at the bottom of the Devices tab.
    Thanks, got it sussed.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Able Remote 2.3.3 for Google TV has been released in the Google Play Store:

Able Remote 2.3.3 includes:
    - Favorite apps.
    - New buttons for device power and inputs.
    - Support for channel searches.
    - Setting for weather temperature scale.
    - Setting for number of button panels.
    - Various bug fixes.

You can now put shortcuts to all your favorite apps in the new favorites tab. You can also reduce the number of button panels for the device buttons at the top of the screen.

Users have asked for more device buttons to control their TV's, STB's and AVR's; you can now control the power and set the inputs with individual device buttons.

Our international users have asked for a way to change the weather temperature scale between fahrenheit and celsius. By default the USA displays the temperatures in fahrenheit and the rest of the world in celsius.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12