Watching Google Play Rented Movies on GTV

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
How do you watch movies rented on Google's Play Movie Service on a Logitech Revue? I didn't see an app like Play Video.

Thanks,

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of people are wondering this and so far I have seen no answer. As far as I know, at the moment you can't, which is completely ridiculous.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
You probably need to give it a couple more days. I think all the updates are still in the process of rolling out. I still haven't gotten the update on my phone.

misfit410

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I have not rented any lately but the last time I rented a movie from the google market it was made available to watch on youtube, go there, bring up your account and there is a purchases tab, your movie is there to watch.

*Edit* I wanted to confirm this again so I just rented the 25 cent movie of the day and can confirm it is 100% viewable on youtube

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have not rented any lately but the last time I rented a movie from the google market it was made available to watch on youtube, go there, bring up your account and there is a purchases tab, your movie is there to watch.

*Edit* I wanted to confirm this again so I just rented the 25 cent movie of the day and can confirm it is 100% viewable on youtube

Thanks! I'll check it out tonight. On a side note, did you used to post on the Spawn.com boards?

Also, I wish Google would make this a little more intuitive. I don't know how many people know that you have to go to YouTube to watch your rentals. Doesn't make much sense. They need to just release a Play Movies app.

notakook

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried using the web version of the Google Play to watch movie? I didn't rent a movie, but you can watch the trailers or previews directly from that.

ryanfoley613

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
and on top of this, from the google tv browser I try and watch it threw youtube and it says the browser is not supported!! and my phone is rooted so it cant play the movies so I cant HDMI mirror it onto my TV, what is google trying to do to me :(

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an Inspire and the Revue, and Google Play store says neither device is supported for Google Play Movies. Hopefully it's just a matter of time like with Netflix (but not too much time like with Hulu+).

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Also, I wish Google would make this a little more intuitive. I don't know how many people know that you have to go to YouTube to watch your rentals. Doesn't make much sense. They need to just release a Play Movies app.

Agreed. I really have no idea why they didnt just add the app on to GTV. It makes things a lot harder for the end user. I hate to say it, but Apple (from the looks of their newest apple tv) got it right. Hopefully google rolls out an update soon for this.

GalliumDragon

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just wanted to note to those looking here that when Google Play market re-branding first rolled out a few weeks ago, I definitely did install a "Google Play Moves" app along with the updated "Google Play Music" app on my Logitech Revue the first day, via the Google TV Market app. However when I looked for it under all apps, it strangely was not listed, only the "Google Play Music" app showed up. Not sure what happened, maybe it was simply pre-installing prior to the eventual Movies app activation, but it defiantly was listed in the market and went through the install app motions when I selected it. Just an FYI to those who might not have seen it.

Last edited:

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried renting a movie and then couldn't watch it on GTV, which I used to be able to. When i went to send a comment to Google, it said that watching movies either via a movie app or the browser youtube was not supported at this time and that I could request a credit for the movie purchase . It sounded as if it wasn't a permanent decision, but they never responded to my email asking if tnis was temporary.

Currently have HTC Flyer, HTC Evo3D, Sony Tablet S, Nexus One, Sony BlueRay GoogleTV box, and Sony GoogleTV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze