Bballbenb

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Thinking of buying the Sony blue ray google tv player. Can anyone give me details as far as will google continue supporting this? Will it get updates in the future? How does everyone like thereS? thanks.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I may be way off here, but I would go with the revue and a standalone blueray player - this way you can keep your ability to update separate from a functioning blueray player and if you want a newer model oj Google tv later you can get it without buying a new blueray player as well.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

radassist

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have it, I like it. I tried the apple TV, and I returned it. Just didn't have enough functionality and apps for me. The Google TV still has a long way to go, but it does as advertised.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't trying to steer you away from Google tv - I love mine - just away from the overpriced combo unit with a single point of failure.

Gtv needs some development to clean up the edges, but it is still the best thing going in its area.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

BDaddy68

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I also heard via one of the Android podcasts (Twit, AAA) that a new Sony device is forthcoming. Might want to look into that as well.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
anyone who runs across this might be interested in the new Android XS802 Mini PC with Google TV. It's only like 70bucks. Looks real cool.

Wondering if you might be onto something - runs full android 4.0 and with the price I can get a nice controller and still be around 100 or just control with my phone for free.

Does everything google tv does and more for cheaper seems like a good idea to me.

Not to mention you can how power it off of the usb port on the back of most lcd tvs so it will power on and off automatically with your television pretty slick

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2