Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Surprise! Android 3.2 update for Revue

Still no update here.

Clearwater, FL.

I got it doing the Service Framework trick a few times. It is faster now.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue - Nexus 7

ROM
    Droid 2.3.4 & TF700 4.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by teckels View Post
    "Nick040489 wrote: Actually you don't have to reset the device.

1. From your Revue, head into Settings>Apps>All.
    2. Search for Google Services Framework.
    3. Once found, tap on it and choose Force stop.
    4. Then choose Clear data.
    5. Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.

I tried this and did not get the update!

ROM
    Droid 2.3.4 & TF700 4.0.3

I just checked and one has the 3.2 update.
    I have 2 Revues and the newer of the 2 has already got the update on its own.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by dbattenfl View Post
    I tried this and did not get the update!
    Did you try multiple times? Worked for me on second time. Others said 3rd time.

Mine came sometime Saturday. I haven't had a chance to mess with it though to see if it's faster or any other differences.

Still nothing.....

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Checked Friday... nothing. Went away for the weekend and when I returned home on Monday I noticed both of my boxes were updated while I was gone.

Third time did it for me.

Still nothing here...

hi
    I got 3.2 update and it was successful. Thanks to Logitech.

ROM
    clean rom ics

I had been out of the loop on this subject. Today it all of a sudden told me there was an update and wanted to reboot and install it So I said yes. I then came straight here to find out what it was
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

I just checked my Revue and it appears I have the 3.2 update.

I tested Netflix and so far so good. No more errors with Netflix. Movies stream with no issues so far. I'll test more tomorrow. Hopefully this update fixed the Netflix error that everyone gets.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Can't believe I just came across this....need to check my Google tv tonight!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Going to have to fire mine up. I plan on getting the vizio co star when it drops. Hopefully its done better than the revue.

Checked last night and noticed it had already updated. Feels way snappier now!

Default Surprise!!! I never got an OTA update to Android 3.2 on my Logitech Revue...did I miss it?

Surprise! Android 3.2 update for Revue-img_20130202_161758.jpgHi everybody, I was just wondering if any of you every got your 3.2 OTA updates because it Feb. 2013 and I still have not gotten mine and then all of the sudden today my Play Store won't work because it's telling me my system is out of date. Can anyone please help me with this? Very confused

Default Re: Surprise!!! I never got an OTA update to Android 3.2 on my Logitech Revue...did I miss it?

SCRATCH THAT!!!! I DID IT!!! I GOT THE UPDATE!!! had to force stop my Google Services framework a few time but I got it!!!

Funny, this thread started in June 2012. I didn't see the update until yesterday. I didn't realize that there was an update until I tried to open the Play Store app. Got a message my system needed an update. Got the system update yesterday & Play Store updated as well. Hoping Google will keep updating my Revue OS as they need to.

I didn't need to clear Google Services Framework either. Updated by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailindawg View Post
    Funny, this thread started in June 2012. I didn't see the update until yesterday. I didn't realize that there was an update until I tried to open the Play Store app. Got a message my system needed an update. Got the system update yesterday & Play Store updated as well. Hoping Google will keep updating my Revue OS as they need to.

I just got it right now. Very surprising, I had given up on getting it at all. I did not clear framework.

There was a May 2012 update to 3.2, then a further update with improvements and bug fixes in October 2012. See the date by going to settings>about, it is part of the build number, Oct. 09, 2012 is the most recent update. I have seen reports that a new update for the Revue is planned but I can't find confirmation of that and consider it a rumor. I have two Revues, one got the October 2012 update in October and one sometime in November.

Yes, the build number is 9 October 2012. In hoping that Google keeps updating the Revue. The hardware is decent and it seems a bit more reliable than the Vizio from what I read and hear from a coworker that owns the Vizio.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Yes, the build number is 9 October 2012. In hoping that Google keeps updating the Revue. The hardware is decent and it seems a bit more reliable than the Vizio from what I read and hear from a coworker that owns the Vizio.

Thanks! :thumbup:
    I think the Revue is a better piece of hardware than the Vizio Co-Star, two USB ports, optical audio output, better controller, and IR command built in to the box with Harmony technology instead of a remote that sends IR commands. The problem is new applications that are only going to run on the new Google TV models using the ARM processor, already Vudu and an Amazon Instant Video app are coming with more to follow. I wouldn't buy the Vizio model, the others are all better in my opinion but the Vizio should be good for those that like Google TV, a rather small group at this point.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12