Surprise! Android 3.2 update for Revue

derek5l

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine just updated. The entire system runs a helluva lot faster. Chrome doesn't lag any more. Haven't tried YouTube yet.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

teckels

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
"Nick040489 wrote: Actually you don't have to reset the device. That's more of a pain. You can follow the same method that they have used for the Galaxy Nexus and the Motorola Xoom

1. From your Revue, head into Settings>Apps>All.
2. Search for Google Services Framework.
3. Once found, tap on it and choose “Force stop.”
4. Then choose “Clear data.”
5. Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.

I know it works because I tried rebooting my Revue and checking for updates numerous times but to no avail. I decided to try that method and as soon as I did it my Revue found the update. Just a little bit easier than a factory reset."
Got this from gtvhacker, worked on second try!

evolvetek

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm posting this reply on my Logitech Revue running 3.2 having received the firmware update automagically at around 4.30 this morning.

It is significantly faster in every respect. Dare I say, may actually be working like it should have when it was released nearly two years ago.

I am located in Seattle, and did not clear my system framework, nor did I perform a hard reset, or a soft reset for that matter. People - Relax. It's just a firmware update. Leave your system alone, and let it update according to the roll-out schedule.

/e

John Fluharty

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Noticed the boot up was different on Review, then read there was an update checked the system and saw it was version 3.2. Updated automatically. Hope the Google movies show up in Google Play soon.

dbattenfl

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
"Nick040489 wrote: Actually you don't have to reset the device.

1. From your Revue, head into Settings>Apps>All.
2. Search for Google Services Framework.
3. Once found, tap on it and choose ?Force stop.?
4. Then choose ?Clear data.?
5. Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.

I tried this and did not get the update!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Checked Friday... nothing. Went away for the weekend and when I returned home on Monday I noticed both of my boxes were updated while I was gone.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I had been out of the loop on this subject. Today it all of a sudden told me there was an update and wanted to reboot and install it So I said yes. I then came straight here to find out what it was

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my Revue and it appears I have the 3.2 update.

I tested Netflix and so far so good. No more errors with Netflix. Movies stream with no issues so far. I'll test more tomorrow. Hopefully this update fixed the Netflix error that everyone gets.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Ricanxd

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe I just came across this....need to check my Google tv tonight!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Going to have to fire mine up. I plan on getting the vizio co star when it drops. Hopefully its done better than the revue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech