Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Default Surprise! Android 3.2 update for Revue

I hadn't heard a thing about this until I saw it on the front page of AC. I was assuming the Revue was done getting updates since Logitech has pretty much abandoned it. Hopefully this will fix all the problems being mentioned here. Kudos to Google and Logitech. (still waiting for Google to come out with their own GoogleTV box.)
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Default Re: Surprise! Android 3.2 update for Revue

Nice looks like a ton of Netflix fixes... same here, looking forward to seeing some new Google TV products this year.

Have you received your update yet? I'm about to go check mine now.

Global Posts
    1,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have not received the update yet. Manually checked a few times.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013), Moto 360

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Does anyone know if this update adds HLS?

Global Posts
    975 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

Just checked for the update... No go here in Philly yet.

I'm hopping for some fixes to the Chrome browser, the constant Page reloads are just a bit annoying.

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship...

Mine automatically downloaded and updated for me. It was weird. I was excited to check it this morning and I had a notification the update was successful. It is definitely faster overall but the few minutes I had to play with it still showed an issue with flash content on the browser. No biggy though. This is a much welcomed update.

EDIT: I am in Oregon by the way.
    _X_

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

The update was rumored to add Play Movies to youtube. Can anybody confirm this?

Is Androidcentral the only receiver of this update so far ?

haven't gotten it yet (6pm central time)

I have two Revues, still nothing.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue - Nexus 7

I call shenanigans on this update. Have heard NO reports from users and have grave doubts about an announcement that ends with, " I am sure this update will solve all your issues." Really? ALL?

When I got home I checked my Revue and it says Firmware version 3.2, but I can't see any difference. The Google Play Store looks the same and there are still no movies available. Netflix also looks exactly the same. Everything looks the same. I see nothing new.

from another user on the logitech forum

Last edited by jlo8720; 06-07-2012 at 09:33 PM.

This is my version fwiw

nothing still at 9pm CST. logitech is running out of time for their "100% of devices will receive update by thursday" statement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Surprise! Android 3.2 update for Revue-uploadfromtaptalk1339118341469.jpg  
    Last edited by jlo8720; 06-07-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Finally got it after clearing system framework

Sent from my EVO4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Surprise! Android 3.2 update for Revue-uploadfromtaptalk1339137872885.jpg  

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Got my update this morning for the Sony GTV. Massachusetts.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Just checked and still haven't got the update, I have tried to force it by clearing the system framework and by hard resetting the box and still nothing, getting very disappointed in Logitech thinking I should have spent the extra cash and got the sony box with blue ray

ROM
    decks CM 10.3

No update here as well. I took a look at the Logitech forums and tried all of the methods given to "force" the update that was "guaranteed" to be out by Friday. Well I guess there is still 6 hours left...
    Fubie
    Future - Nexus 6
    Current - Nexus 5 - Rooted with Xposed framework
    Past - EVO 4G LTE | Nexus 7 | EVO 4G | EVO 3D | EVO 4G | Hero - All rooted and rommed

Still nothing here, any of the two revues.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue - Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by jlo8720 View Post
    Finally got it after clearing system framework

Sent from my EVO4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
    I did this and got the update. However, it wiped out the update to Google Music and I can't update it through the store.

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

Mine just updated. The entire system runs a helluva lot faster. Chrome doesn't lag any more. Haven't tried YouTube yet.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, MIUI

"Nick040489 wrote: Actually you don't have to reset the device. That's more of a pain. You can follow the same method that they have used for the Galaxy Nexus and the Motorola Xoom

1. From your Revue, head into Settings>Apps>All.
    2. Search for Google Services Framework.
    3. Once found, tap on it and choose “Force stop.”
    4. Then choose “Clear data.”
    5. Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.

I know it works because I tried rebooting my Revue and checking for updates numerous times but to no avail. I decided to try that method and as soon as I did it my Revue found the update. Just a little bit easier than a factory reset."
    Got this from gtvhacker, worked on second try!

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, MIUI

Pandora still not playing with tv on, it is faster.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Thumbs up Re: Surprise! Android 3.2 update for Revue

I'm posting this reply on my Logitech Revue running 3.2 having received the firmware update automagically at around 4.30 this morning.

It is significantly faster in every respect. Dare I say, may actually be working like it should have when it was released nearly two years ago.

I am located in Seattle, and did not clear my system framework, nor did I perform a hard reset, or a soft reset for that matter. People - Relax. It's just a firmware update. Leave your system alone, and let it update according to the roll-out schedule.

/e

Noticed the boot up was different on Review, then read there was an update checked the system and saw it was version 3.2. Updated automatically. Hope the Google movies show up in Google Play soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast