Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why does Google TV still run on Honeycomb?

I'm very curious.

Default Re: Why does Google TV still run on Honeycomb?

I assume you're asking why it isn't on ICS............The answer is, we're lucky it's at least on Honeycomb
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was just thinking that it probably doesn't help Google entice companies to update their crap, when one of their platforms isn't even able to run on the latest version of Android. Oo

I was thinking and indeed posted the same ? I would think the OS would just keep up-dating itself with a new OS giving more and more scope and improvements ?

I like playing about with code in Ms Windows and have played about with Media Centre, so I'm looking for a place to get into google tv and it's bare bones, see if I can add things in myself as it looks like Google TV is going to be a long drawn out process !

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

If you're talking about the Revue, it's because it's old. Are 2 year old phones running ICS. Not unless they're rooted they aren't.

ROM
    Rooted/Unlocked Stk 4.4.3

My guess is Google TV v3, hinted at today, will run ICS (Jelly Bean does not support Flash )
    [making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isnt because we dont want to hit [a lower] price point, Jobs said. Its because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first. - again, Steve Jobs