Looking into Vizio Co-Star

mettec

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I read some good things about google TV and the soon to be released Vizio Co-Star but what I am really interested to know is can I access all the same apps similar to how your phone accesses them? Granted I'm sure phone related apps won't work but will it have all the same games that the play store has for your phone or is it just a small fraction of optimized and compatible apps?

Thanks.

Last edited:

misfit410

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
The last batch of GTV's were X86 based thus, apps had to be specifically tailored towards them, this time we finally get one that has similar specs to phones and tablets by going ARM, which suggests to me we will see a lot more apps available and working on the device.

lartomar2002

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I read some good things about google TV and the soon to be released Vizio Co-Star but what I am really interested to know is can I access all the same apps similar to how your phone accesses them? Granted I'm sure phone related apps won't work but will it have all the same games that the play store has for your phone or is it just a small fraction of optimized and compatible apps?

Thanks.

I have been in communication with a app dev and and he says the only games that will work will be like poker, blackjack, etc. Most people will be using the Onlive for gaming. Don't hold me to this I'm only passing on info. :)

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have mine pre ordered. I cant wait to hook it up. we have been using Roku for over a year and been fine with it. But having 2 kids they are missing on some shows and we couldn’t pass up the offer on Direc TV. Free HD and 3D included. only thing I bought was their HR34 Home Media Center DVR with 1tb hard drive and record 5 shows at one time.

Now when I hook up the Co-Star to it and also have ON-Live...this is going to be a good time. I have been in talks with Vizio and On-Live about the controller issue. With On-Live they have "bragging moments" On their universal controller you can see a rewind, fast forward, play, stop and record buttons on the controller.So your able to record and post your bragging moment persay and post it.

At first Vizio and even On-Live’s website state its compatible with Co-star, On-Live customer service replied its not compatible...but a few responses later and they said if its on the website then they guess it is.

But since the Co-Star has a usb port, a usb controller will work such as the Batarang ps3 controller that is usb based will work.The remote on the Co-Star has two sides...the bottom side can be used for some basic gaming. But I do see On-live working very well and with their $9.99 playpack is an awesome deal. play all their playpack games for free.

I just really like the whole "see who is playing what at any time as they are playing it right then is pretty sweet and the whole just start playing and no wait is awesome. I really cannot wait for Google TV.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital