Giving up on google tv.. . For now.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have gotten tired of having to reset my logitech review about once a month I have had issues with netflix not streaming properly, podcasts not playing properly at times and the limited app selection.

I came across a decent old small form factor thin client desktop computer that I put windows 7 on with windows media center and that is what I am currently using as my media center.

I think google tv is a genius idea but its just half baked and not as functional as it needs to be. Hopefully future versions get better, hopefully the Vizio costar is much better, but for now I'm gonna stick with windows media center because it's tried and true and it works when I want to work.

I still have a little android flavor going on as I have my wife's phone and my phone set up to function as a remote controls for the media center. It is flawless compared to what I'm used to messing with on my google tv.

The amazing thing is my google tv box is not defective in anyway it's just that the entire platform is not mature yet.

I now have 2 full fledged windows media center pc's in my house and 1 media center extender via my xbox and it's nice to have the same interface all over the house.

My google tv is actually for sale I'm going to list it on ebay but if anybody in this forum is interested in buying it I will sell it to you for 50 bucks plus the actual shipping to get it to your house. PM me if interested.

Google tv has been fun to tinker with but my wife is lost patience with it and to be honest so have I. But for the price I'm going to sell mine for someone can get ahold of a cool streaming box with a possibly bright future for a really good deal.

Is anyone else thinking the same way or you guys all in it for the long haul?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I left mine with the ex and picked up the new Sony Google TV box. Snappier than the ReVue. I will never buy Logitech stuff again. That box was a waste of $300. And it gave GTV a very bad rap.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I left mine with the ex and picked up the new Sony Google TV box. Snappier than the ReVue. I will never buy Logitech stuff again. That box was a waste of $300. And it gave GTV a very bad rap.

I threw my revue on my basement/bar TV and got the vizio co star. Much better than the revue for a much better price that I paid for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been a Revue owner since the beginning. Still use it, love the keyboard.

Recently, I got so frustrated with how laggy it was I deleted nearly all the extraneous apps and did a factory reset. It's much more responsive after that. Might be useful to some who are in the same boat.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I take back my positive thoughts on the new Sony set top box. Although it is snappier than the Logitech POS, I am now running into problems streaming purchased movies, from Google, that once player and now I don't have a current version of flash allegedly. Still half baked afterthought.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
We have the Sony NSZ-GT1 and I've been having a lot of issues lately, mostly with Youtube. We were having internet issues in our home, but I think those have been resolved, because I'm not being kicked off of Xbox Live anymore, and I have downloaded two demo games recently, one file as large as 1.49GB without interruption, so I don't think it's our internet. When I go to play a Youtube video, it immediately starts to buffer.