Vizio CoStar supported apps

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to start this thread for all the people that want to know what apps are supported on the CoStar. Mine should arrive soon and plan to try a few myself.

I hope the following work so far, but others should post what they find work and what other prospective buyers want to confirm work before they purchase one.

HBO Go
Xfinity Player
PogoPlug
Vulkano Streamer
Play TV & Movies

I will update when I find out.

What do you all want to work on it?

[Update:] I had emailed Vizio customer service about these apps and received the following reply:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry with VIZIO. I would be more than happy to help you with your concern. Here at VIZIO we do offer best in class technical support.
The reason those apps are not yet available as they have not been provisioned for the Co-Star this may come with future updates to the Co-Star and the apps themselves. However I can pass this information along to our product team to see what can be done.
If you need any additional assistance feel free to contact VIZIO at 1-877-878-4946 or chat with us at chat.vizio.com
Thanks and have a great day!

LYLE STEVENS
"

I then asked if he could also send them the link to this forum and see if one could monitor the on going requests done here. He then replied that he would be happy to. So hopefully a direct programmer will see all of our requests and be able to reply and discuss what they can and can not do, whit explanations why. *Fingers crossed*

Last edited:

ash1348

May 9, 2011
Visit site
HBO Go NO
Xfinity Player NO
PogoPlug NO
Vulkano Streamer NO
Play TV & Movies NO :(

I like the box so far, but I am disappointed of lack of good quality apps. Hope it get better soon.

Reactions: Hand_O_Death

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
HBO Go NO
Xfinity Player NO
PogoPlug NO
Vulkano Streamer NO

I like the box so far, but I am disappointed of lack of good quality apps. Hope it get better soon.

Wow, those are all incredibly disappointing. Thank you for the update. I emailed Vizio directly, asking if there was a place where app requests could be made. Guess we will see.

Last edited:

npompei

May 9, 2011
Visit site
How the hell does this not support actual Google Tv apps?! Update coming soon maybe? But why would you not ship with them?

I'm not happy at this point . Mine comes tomorrow so I will get a better idea

Galaxy S3 - Locked...

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
HBO Go NO
Xfinity Player NO
PogoPlug NO
Vulkano Streamer NO

No support for Play TV and Movies is a head scratcher for sure. Not sure the reasoning behind that. I would love to rent and watch movies over Play store. The other apps, though disappointing, are bit more understandable than no Play store support. I had high hopes for this as my Revue is great but extremely under-powered.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
No Play TV & Movies = No dice. Not sure why Google continues to shoot itself in the foot in terms of Google TV. If they weren't ready for a new device, they should've asked Vizio to wait a little while. Hopefully there's a software update coming forth soon. If not, the Co-Star and G TV in general will be a colossal failure.

Reactions: trihead

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I updated my original post with a conversation which ended with he rep forwarding this forum link to some people that are hopefully working on some of these. So with any luck, someone will explain what is in the works.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If u look at the TV app in the movies tv section there is a link to hbo thats optimized for gtv. Its not the app but it works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Hand_O_Death

Michael Reynolds

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
i would really like to have access to Hulu Plus through the Co-Star so when I do a search Hulu would be included. I get Hulu through my TV.
Most Apps from the Google Play store are "incompatible"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair