Co-Star or Revue?

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a Google TV box and I'm wondering which way to go. I like the remote for the reveue but since Logitech isn't supporting the device anymore I'm apprehensive. Mainly I stream everything online as far as TV is concerned. Will I be able to able access flash video sited like movie2k? Thanks for your input.

Sent from my Nexus 7

deathbysnoosnoo

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the revue. Its terrible. No HBO go and no hulu. The only thing it can do is Netflix.

I ordered a pocket TV device a few months ago and they should start shipping in October. Can't wait to ditch this dead end product (revue).

If the co-star can do everything you require then go for it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I also wouldn't purchase a Revue at this time. I use a Roku2 for Netflix that I got over the holidays, and I use that for Netlfix and Amazon movies, the Roku2 is a great box.
The Revue was interesting, and I am glad I paid only $99 for it last summer, but I wouldn't buy it today. Looking back, I wished I wouldn't have bought it last summer.
I stream things from the net via Chrome, but that is limited, as TV shows you can't stream, I stream video podcasts.

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I also wouldn't purchase a Revue at this time. I use a Roku2 for Netflix that I got over the holidays, and I use that for Netlfix and Amazon movies, the Roku2 is a great box.
The Revue was interesting, and I am glad I paid only $99 for it last summer, but I wouldn't buy it today. Looking back, I wished I wouldn't have bought it last summer.
I stream things from the net via Chrome, but that is limited, as TV shows you can't stream, I stream video podcasts.

What TV shows can't you stream? I get all of mine on flash sites, not from NBC.com, CBS, etc

Sent from my Nexus 7

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
What TV shows can't you stream? I get all of mine on flash sites, not from NBC.com, CBS, etc

Sent from my Nexus 7

Sorry, I probably wasn't that clear. I don't stream TV shows as you can't, most channels don't do that.
I stream video podcasts and watch them via Chrome on Google TV (like AC's podcast, Twit, etc.).