UG802 Mini PC

VegasGuy89183

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
In case anyone has some doubt about the UG802 being wireless n device, I can tell you it definitely does connect at n speeds. I added a second wireless g router to my network this morning. This allows me to have one router for my wireless g devices (security cams) and my main router set to broadcast wireless in n only with a new SSID. I went into the UG802 setup and had it "forget" the old connection and instead connect to the wireless n connection. Now the UG802 shows a 150 Mbps connection to my home network. Adding the second wireless router took all of 5 minutes so it was an easy simple solution.

SpeedTest.net reported the UG802 averaged 82 ms pings, 12-16 Mbps download and 6.0-7.8 Mbps upload. Basically, download and upload speeds are now slightly better than previous tests.

userx

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
i cant make droidmote to work please help
I got mine to work. Took a lot of effort and tinkering, but it works. Is it worth the hassle? Do I use it as my remote? Nope.
Their is a forum over at xda developers that the maker of droidmote helps guys get it working.
Have a look... Droidmote user thread
Here is some helpful hints...

1) Have to root UG802. ( you must be rooted )
2) Installed Busybox app from market onto UG802 ( you must have busybox installed )
3) Once you down loaded Busybox you have to open the app and manually install Busybox
4) Installed Droidmote Server onto my UG802.
5) Loaded Droidmote client app onto phone. ( remote )
6) Turn on Droidmote server on UG802.
7) Hit connect Button... says Running Connecting to your subnetwork XXX.XXX.X.XXX - (fill in your your subnetwork ip) port 2302.
8) Turn phone wifi on. ( Must have phone wifi on )
9) Turn phone Droidmote app on... Setting are, port 2302 & ip address your subnetwork XXX.XXX.X.XXX (fill in your your subnetwork ip)
10) Menu on pulled up... setting menu
11) Hit connect on phone... to your subnetwork
12) Icon in task bar menu shows Droidmote is on.
13) Phone will say you are "connected to droidmote"
14) Server on UG802 will also say "droidmote connected"
15) DONE... hopefully it works

Good luck... and look in the xda link for answers.

Last edited:

deadhp1

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It's nice to have wireless N with the ug802. I actually got my MK808 in today and found that it can't connect to my routers when they are set to N only mode.
The ug802 connects just fine to this.
The mk808 has better signal, but is slower feeling and has a slower wifi connection. I can't stream 1080p with it. However audio/video sync works great on the mk808.
Just in case anyone is wondering the UG802 can boot the MK808 kernel, but the wifi won't work due to wrong drivers being loaded.

VegasGuy89183

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I received my RC11 air mouse today and have been using it most of the evening with the UG802. IMO, it is a regrettable purchase. I expected the pointer to track something similar to aiming a laser pointer. Instead, I must constantly correct where the remote is aiming at the screen so that the remote is "aiming" where the pointer is on the screen. Hard to describe, but once you use this remote you know exactly what I mean. Also, when trying to click a really small icon on a web page it is difficult to get the pointer on the icon and keep it on that spot when you click. The only advantage I can see over a keyboard mouse combo is that it is much easier to travel with.

ipatricktrevino

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Im planning on using a usb/ethernet adapter to wire the ug802 to my router which'll be close by.

Will it automatically recognize the usb/ethernet when its plugged in? I'm not familiar with android how it installs drivers in comparison to windows. Is there a setup/install procedure within android settings for usb attachments? same question for the logitech wireless keyboard/trackpad i bought to use with this.

VegasGuy89183

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I am hesitating to buy this air mouse. Could you tell me if you have to plug a receiver on the dongle to connect it to the RC11?

Yes, there is a USB dongle. You just plug it in and it starts to work without any setup. Same goes for the Logitech MK320 keyboard and mouse. You can even unplug one of them and hot swap with the other. No need to reboot the UG802.

potangles

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is an off topic reply to an week old post, but how did you go about doing the chroot ubuntu install? I've been having quite some trouble with the "complete linux install guide" available in the play store.

---------- Post Merged at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:25 PM ----------

I think it has to do with the fact that the manufacturer of the dual core processor chip won't give up some of their source code making it very difficult for people to get it done

xrbr123

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am using UG802. Like it so far. Applied market fix and wireless is fast too.
problem is, UG802 cannot detect my wireless N network. I have given a different name to my wireless N network and UG802 cannot detect it.
Another problem is, UG802 has to be very near to my wireless router to get full wifi speed. If I move it to other room, it connects at dial up speeds of 250kbps. Planning to buy usb to ethernet adapter.

Any one have any suggestions on how UG802 can detect wireless N networks?

Thanks

VegasGuy89183

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am using UG802. Like it so far. Applied market fix and wireless is fast too.
problem is, UG802 cannot detect my wireless N network. I have given a different name to my wireless N network and UG802 cannot detect it.
Another problem is, UG802 has to be very near to my wireless router to get full wifi speed. If I move it to other room, it connects at dial up speeds of 250kbps. Planning to buy usb to ethernet adapter.

Any one have any suggestions on how UG802 can detect wireless N networks?

Thanks
I have two wireless routers on my home network. One is a G router and the other is set to N-Only mode. They have different SSIDs. My UG802 connects to the N-Only SSID so I know the UG802 is N capable. It may be your router. If it were me I would use another wireless device to see if your N router is visible to the other device. If it is, then I'm not sure where you go from there.

xrbr123

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the fast reply!. My Roku in another room way down, detects wireless N perfectly and it works at good speed. Router is dual band router. UG802 cannot even see wireless N name, even when it is very very close to my router. I read somewhere else long time ago about 2x2 radio vs 2x1 radios. 2x2 detect and connect to 2.8 and 5ghz. whereas 2x1 detects only 2.8ghz and connects to max speeds. I donot if that is the problem!

VegasGuy89183

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the fast reply!. My Roku in another room way down, detects wireless N perfectly and it works at good speed. Router is dual band router. UG802 cannot even see wireless N name, even when it is very very close to my router. I read somewhere else long time ago about 2x2 radio vs 2x1 radios. 2x2 detect and connect to 2.8 and 5ghz. whereas 2x1 detects only 2.8ghz and connects to max speeds. I donot if that is the problem!
My router that is set to wireless N-Only is a Linksys E3000. It is dual band, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The UG802 does not see the 5 GHz band. It only works on the 2.4 GHz band set to N-Only. This means it is capable of a 150 Mbps wireless N connection, not a 300 Mbps connection. So in actuality, my network has 3 SSIDs but the 5 GHz radio is usually turned off because none of my wireless devices can see the SSID on the 5 GHz band. I do have a USB wireless adapter that I can use to access the 5 GHz band when it's turned on, but in my circumstance there is no gain so it is not worth monkeying around with. I use it more for diagnostic purposes.

Last edited:

Tehpriest

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I missed it as I read through but I have the ug802 Klastor Android TV-PC version but it came with a single sheet of paper with very limited instructions and no URL details. Can someone point me to the manufacturers web site and especially the user manual please.

Zeggi

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys i bought this device and im not sure if its MK or UG 802 Automatic Redirect
Anyway i have issues with WiFi and this is the information i got from the support team, anyone tried the fix they mention?

"I'm sorry to hear about that you are having a difficulty with your item.

Please could you assist us in resolving this issue as follows:

Please detail the issue regarding the WIFI connection.
Does it scan for network?
Does it show any error message?

Try to install FXR WIFI fix and WIFI fixer apps. You can download directly the APKs:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30974822/com.brilliapps.wifiandmorefixer-15-1.5.0.0.apk
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30974822/org.wahtod.wififixer-915-0.9.0.1.apk

Please perform factory data reset."

Last edited: