Issues with Co Star

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Co Star today, and been having a few issues, hoping someone has some answers.

I have mine hooked up to a Samsung Plasma TV, along with using Verizon FIOS and the Motorolla 7232

1) First issue after about an hour of watching and playing with all the different apps, the video on any channel started to flash like it was losing signal and doing this every 30 seconds. I started to see a message from the Co star it looked like that it lost video input signal. I tried to do a factory restore, still kept doing it, what I did to fix it was to unplug both HDMI cable from the Co Star and replug it in, seemed to fix it, but why did this happened all of a sudden, not like the cables are lose?

2) Twice while watching something with play point, after I finished watching and went back to LIVE TV, screen went total black, and I heard audio, but no buttons on the Remote worked, could not change channel or do anything. I tried unplugging HDMI cables and replugging in, same thing. Only fix was to unplug the power and reboot the Co Star.

3) The box gets very warm to hot, is this normal? Will it cause problems?

Is there a fix this or something I have to live with constantly rebooting it?

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
The other day my TV had lines all over the screen. Thought it was a bad HDMI so I got a new one. Did not fix the problem. I then pulled the power in the device and that fixed it when it booted.

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I had that for a few seconds the other day while streaming a movie using GTVBox, it only popped up a few seconds and then went away

So today it went to a total black screen after hitting LIveTV on the remote think I was in Netflix at the time.

I contacted Vizio support, they said maybe not closing applications down and have too many open and it crashing. Only way to fix it is to pull power plug and let it recycle.

This is the 3rd or 4th time since I got it, if it happens again going to just return it, just way too buggy IMO.