Co-Star Question

DanielGalvez

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
So i am debating on getting the vizio co star but i am wondering if it will work with my cable? i do not have the cable box where i my tv will be set up, but i will have the cable cord (how i am watching tv now). Its an HD tv, but i dont get any hd channels, just the basic cable channels. Also, if the google tv will work, will it improve the quality of my cable tv channels to hd while watching on google tv? Thanks

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
The CoStar only has HDMI in and it is just a pass though so even if you could pipe it in HDMI it would be pass thru and would not upconvert.

DanielGalvez

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Would the live tv function even work if i didnt have a cable box? My box is downstairs, and i have a cord that connects my tv. Would it work with the costar or would i have to switch modes?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Would the live tv function even work if i didnt have a cable box? My box is downstairs, and i have a cord that connects my tv. Would it work with the costar or would i have to switch modes?

You need to hdmi a cable signal in to the costar. You MIGHT be able to do so with an extra long hdmi cable, but that could be unsightly. The way it works on my setup is the costar is a bridge between the set top cable box and the tv. Cable signal from FIOS goes in to the DVR, then is HDMI'd out to the costar, and then HDMI'd out to the tv.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2