Sony Google TV Questions

sk8tr4lf1989

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking about buying

Amazon.com: Sony NSZ-GS7 Internet Player with Google TV: Electronics

I have a few quick questions for it:

1) Is a file manager app available for it? https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...DEsImNvbS5yaG1zb2Z0LmZtLmhkIl0&token=mHD2OXAl.

2) Is MX player available for it? https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...layer.ad&feature=search_result&token=qbLrdX5c..

The reason I ask is because on my other android devices I can access my network hard drive via the File Manager and then open the video in MX player to watch since it can support a number of video file types.

If this way is not possible does the Google TV has some sort of way to stream all types of video formats from my Network HD to the Sony Google TV.

Thank you guys!

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an NSZ-GS7, so I went on the Play Store to check. File managers (specifically ES File Explorer) yes, but MX Player is not compatible, along with all the other players that looked similar to MX. Sorry.

There is the aVia Media Player that is compatible, but I haven't used it and I'm not sure it will do what you're looking for.

knoxdon

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can. I access my WD TV Live hub (where I save all my media) via my sony GS7. You can you Plex, ViMu,Avia among other apps.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Plex is built right into the NSZ-GS7... I've been using Plex for over a year now (first on Roku - now on GS7) and I've found it very capable. Streams all sorts of content and will convert on desktop to match the formats your box allows...

Plus the Plex It! button in your browser is fantastic. See a YouTube (or other video) you like? Press the Plex It! button and it goes into the que for playback on your TV.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish