Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    Stock/Franco

Default I need a replacement for revue

Hi guys. A lighting storm just fried my Logitech revue( yes it was on my surge protector and is the only thing that was even effected) only issue I ever had with it was i had to "restart" it every few weeks. other then that it worked ok for a refurbished unit I bought over 3 years ago.

so Im looking for a replacement device. I am not sure if the chrome cast is the way to go or one of the other google boxes might suite me better. just looking for some suggestions and insight. thanks!

Default Re: I need a replacement for revue

I have the Sony GTV box and like it better than the revue. Much more stable.

On the other hand, I have a chromecast in my bedroom and use it all the time, for streaming video and listening to all access.

Bug difference is the overlay with GTV that I love. Its always on and ready.

Posted via Android Central App and my Nexus 4 or 7
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Carrier
    Stock/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by booboolala2000 View Post
    I have the Sony GTV box and like it better than the revue. Much more stable.

On the other hand, I have a chromecast in my bedroom and use it all the time, for streaming video and listening to all access.

Bug difference is the overlay with GTV that I love. Its always on and ready.

Posted via Android Central App and my Nexus 4 or 7
    I just ordered a chromecast. For 35 bucks I figure I'd give it a shot. I might get a gtv box again eventually. For now I'll save some cash. I need a new phone soon so I need to save.

I think the Sony NSZ-GS7 is the best Revue replacement so far. It looks similar and has two USB ports and optical audio output and works well with the Logitech Revue K700 keyboard when used with a unifying receiver. It is an upgrade to the Revue, not just a replacement, in my opinion having used both extensively.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I'm using the NSZ-GS8 which is the successor to the NSZ-GS7 and the only difference is the remote has a microphone. I like my NSZ-GS8 very much and it is way better than my old Revue. It is faster. It rarely locks up. Both the GS7 and the GS8 are gong to get Jelly Bean update soon and it will be even better as then more apps will become available. The Revue always ran out of storage and I could not load it up with apps. The GS8 has way more storage for apps. I think the GS7/GS8 are probably the best Google TV devices right now. You can also get the GS7 (still sold at some outlets) and then upgrade the remote to the same one that the GS8 uses with a microphone. But if you really want the new remote with microphone it is cheaper to just buy the GS8 outright. It will only pair with one Sony remote at a time.

Will the Sony NSZs stream ESPN3 from the browser?

I currently have a Revue, and it was great for a while, but now I can't view ESPN3. I think it has something to do with the flash settings.