google tv vs smart tv

skullfreak

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok am looking for a tv and I like the google tv by lg.
Whats the difference between google tv on a lg tv or just a smart tv??
I been doing research but nothing is really helping my decision.
Any help would be great.

Chris Gerhard

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Google TV is a smart TV platform and comparing the LG HDTV with Google TV to an LG HDTV running a different smart TV platform is simple. The Google TV version will run Android 4.2.2 and run various Google apps from Google Play Store, those designed for Google TV specifically. Both are going to run many of the same internet streaming services such as Netflix, Vudu and YouTube. In general I would consider Google TV more difficult to use but capable of much more, primarily as a result of Play Store access and the Chrome web browser. I use Google TV often and the only other smart TV platform I have used often is Roku, both are awesome and important for me having cut the cord years ago. I would say the non Google LG smart TV platform would rank considerably below Google TV and Roku, at least for what I want from a smart TV platform.

Other TV makers of course have smart TV models and the capabilities vary greatly. I would say buy Google TV if you don't mind requiring greater effort to use your smart TV, the results are worth the effort.

JenniferJack

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Google TV has more advanced features compared to the smart TV .I must suggest you to use the Google TV but it might cost you more but it will be better.Check out the here

Last edited:

RockoB8

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I like Google TV a bit more because it adds in Google. I mean, what more can you ask for? I haven't tried other smart tv's though, but I imagine they're quite good. Would they be using android operating systems on other smart tv devices?

Ayush Arora

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
But what if the android is updated to a much newer version.?? You said that the google tv is running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. After 10-12 years we ll be having android version 10 or 20. Then what?? no new apps of that time would work. Obviously you don't keep on buying a new television after every year.Then google tv wud of no use. Better samsung or lg smart tv would keep on updating till the upcoming 10yrs.

Pete75

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Of course most of the new APPs would still run on top of Android 4.2.2 in coming few years - like if you have older Android Tablet or Phone new APPs still works there... And who will have the same TV for 10 years nowadays?

yiyate

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I think Google TV is better than Smart TV,if using the Google TV ,you just need a upgraded smart TV Box ,and it is cheaper than change new TV set! and it is a trend watching TV online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie