All Android devices, but the miniPC MK908, can connect to shared folders located on WIN7

Sincrono

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all....
I'm very frustrated with my MK908. I have not done any modification to the OS, kernel, or anything like that. It has Android 4.2.2

First, when I connect a 1 TB external HD, the power led of the HD gets on, but the HD does not work (and does not sound as the disc spins, which can be felt when the HD works). I have tried both ports, the normal USB and the OTG mini USB. ?What is the maximum power supplied by this mini PC? ?What is the power requiered for a USB-powered external HD? In other words, what should I look for before trying to connect an external HD in order to predict if will work or not? I think this is an easy question, now comes the difficult one.

In order to play movies located on the mentioned external HD, I connected it to a notebook running WIN7, and from there, I'm sharing certain folders through the wifi network (with WPA2 security, IPv4 network). I made all the configurations in order to support all permissions and no passwords. 2 of my Android devices (a smartphone and a Tablet running older OS's) do connect to the shared folder, without asking Username and password. A macbook does the same. However, with the Tronsmart MK908, when I try to enter the network server (through the same software used in the other android devices, I mean BsPlayer FREE), it asks for a username and password, and fails always (even if I write the correct password, though it shouldn't ask for it. The error is "Login Failure: Unknown Username or bad password). I repeat, the Android devices and the macbook never ask for password and enter the share folders with no problem at all. I'm using the newest version of BSPlayer Free an the 3 Android devices. Strangely enough, I can connect to one specific shared folder located in the same notebook internal HD (it's a public folder), but i don't want to move everything to that location in order to get this working. However, this is done via eHomeMedia player (which I think came pre-installed), but this is an awful app that can enter to the WIN7 server but only to some of the shared folders (not the ones in the external HD).

I'm very confused, and don't know if a custom ROM (whose meaning I don't know) would solve this problem. I thought the mini pc would work out of the box, without hackings and strange (for me) modifications. I'm good with computation but at the software, not hardware level, so now I don't know if this is a software or hardware issue.

Any suggestions?
Any tutorial about custom roms?
Any flawless ROM for this device?

Thanks a lot, any help will be appreciated.

ZaGaA

May 2, 2014
Visit site
First Q: stock kernel doesn't support NTFS, assuming that your file system is NTFS for a large hdd. Custom kernel with NTFS support will do the trick.
Second Q: Do you have firewall set to off on your router and computer? Turning it off could solve your connecting issues. For both problems Irecommend you Installing the custom ROM from Finless Bob named Finless v1.7 for mk908. It is a nice solid ROM.

Succes.
ZaGaA

Last edited:

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Agree with answer 1

For Answer 2 I got that working with a NAS that supports DLNA. Sees all my files. Not all play but that is a separate encoding issue.

Posted via Android Central App