Will Google TV Replace My Laptop Connected To My TV?

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So as the title says, I already have my laptop connected to my TV with an HDMI cable and using a Logitech Dinovo Mini. Will Google TV Replace these? I have it hooked up this way not only for the coolness of the Internet on my 42inch but also for playing movies stored on my External Hard Drive on the big screen. If my External Hard Drive can be connected to the Logitech Revue and also work as the DVR i want but dont yet have, I might take the plunge. Anyone have any insight for me regarding these questions?

simplygoogletv

Jul 13, 2010
simplygoogletv.com
Though you can connect an external storage device, it cannot be larger than 40GB (most likely a flash drive). It can connect to a DLNA device though, so that could be an option for large libraries of locally stored content. So far, a few of the Dish Networks DVRs are the only ones that are fully supported (can get info about your recordings via the HDMI cable). Hopefully this will change in the near future as Google finds more partners (I'm hoping for TiVo).

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so i cant connect my 2TB Hard Drive...FAIL
I Have Comcast with no DVR and if Im understanding you correctly, Google TV wont give me DVR capabilities, so...FAIL
It also appears from Logitechs support site that my current Dinovo Mini also wont be supported so...FAIL AGAIN.

I guess I wont be getting a Logitech Revue. Thanks for the info though