Sony Internet (Google) TV and Dish DVR's

Pokewithstick

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Had a tough time earlier this week getting the "Full Experience" to work with my Sony and Dish and finally got it set up. Didn't see this info on Dish or Sony site earlier this week so thought I would post it here.
I was told by Sony support that the only Dish DVR's that will work with the Full Experience (Sony remote and DVR search) are the 622, 722, and the 722k. I had the 612 and the TV wouldn't recognize it at all, fortunately Dish was very helpful and swapped it out for me since I had just ordered my service.
Dish will also need to activate the service at $4 a month and this is done through the set up when you add the DVR as a device. Didn't see that info anywhere as well for the Sony. Has anyone with the 922 got the Full Experience to work?

I do love the remote, I find it very easy to use and it controls everything: TV, Blu-Ray, Dish DVR, and even my Playstation. The Netflix app only has movies I have added to my queue and I don't see any way to search within the app.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
>> I do love the remote,

You can also setup shortcuts for apps. For example Search + N for the Netflix app. (Settings | Applications | Quick Launch).

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, good to know.
Only other downer so far is I can't see the tabs in Chrome, so no easy way to switch between them.

Try while in Chrome:
1. Create few tabs (Menu kyeboard button | New Tab)
2. Hit the Search keyboard button. This will open the search bar
3. Click with the mouse on the Tabs icon on the right hand of the search bar.

Does it work for you? If not, what do you get?

rightawn

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had success tethering an Android phone to the Sony Internet TV to obtain internet connectivity? I have tried wireless and usb but the tv does not recognize the connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34