Sony Google TV Live TV issue.

xtremecanefan

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Posted this in another forum...trying to get an answer:

just got the Sony Google TV set-top, picked this over the Logitech one because i thought the remote as a lot nicer and compact, and I didn't have a blu-ray player yet and figured this was as good a time as any to get one.

So far, I am in love with it. I can browse the net, watch ESPN3, have not tried hulu but I assume it will work.

Right now my only issue with it is watching Live tv. I have it set up with HDMI through my Comcast box (RNG110) and the picture is really small. When watching HD it puts two black bars on the size and shrinks it down so that it is still widescreen, but is very small with black bars on the sides and top (I can zoom in with my Comcast remote, it stretches up, but then the sides are blocked by the bars). Seems to be set up only for SD, but it says it can playback HD in 1080p.

I realize this is new but I am hoping someone else has figured out why it does this. Hope someone can help. Sorry if it is hard to understand...hard to explain for me, heh.

Thanks.

Sharpy

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with Direct TV and the Logitech Revue, however this is the only other post I have found of someone with this issue...

I have fiddled with all the setting on my tv, Direct TV DVR and the revue with no luck in fixing it.

The weird thing is the Direct TV guide and recorded shows list display fine and use the entire screen (16:9), but live tv or a recorded program go back to the 4:3 display??????

xtremecanefan

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with Direct TV and the Logitech Revue, however this is the only other post I have found of someone with this issue...

I have fiddled with all the setting on my tv, Direct TV DVR and the revue with no luck in fixing it.

The weird thing is the Direct TV guide and recorded shows list display fine and use the entire screen (16:9), but live tv or a recorded program go back to the 4:3 display??????

Hey, posted this in another forum and got a solution that worked perfectly for me!

Sony Google TV Live TV issue. - Android Forums

I had the same issue when I set mine up. Comcast was only showing up in SD and in some cases, it was garbled and fragmented, with the audio breaking up. The solution for me was to unplug the Comcast box for a couple of minutes (really wait a couple of minutes too). I've not had a problem since, -- I'm getting full HD.

swest6602

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the Logitech but there is a button to switch the screen from 16:9/4:3. You probably have one somewhere as well. That screen size button is on the Harmony app as well.