Sony NSZ-GT1 plays movie files at the wrong aspect ratio.

mfruckus

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
So when I try to play a movie that is intended to play at 16:9 in the Media Player app, it seems to play it at 4:3. This happens with several different files streaming with dlna using Eyeconnect and through a usb SD card reader. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong or is this just a bug? Is anyone else having this issue with any other Google TV product?

Last edited:

simplygoogletv

Jul 13, 2010
simplygoogletv.com
So when I try to play a movie that is intended to play at 16:9 in the Media Player app, it seems to play it at 4:3. This happens with several different files streaming with dlna using Eyeconnect and through a usb SD card reader. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong or is this just a bug? Is anyone else having this issue with any other Google TV product?

Do the files play at 16:9 on your computer? Perhaps they have sidebars encoded into the video, so the TV is playing it at 16:9, and you're seeing a 4:3 video with black sidebars attached.

mfruckus

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
When you are playing a video file, press the right directional pad "Down". This should give you an option to change aspect.
I have tried this and all it does is basically zoom in. File still plays at 4:3.

Do the files play at 16:9 on your computer? Perhaps they have sidebars encoded into the video, so the TV is playing it at 16:9, and you're seeing a 4:3 video with black sidebars attached.

Files play fine on computer. Black bars are at the top and bottom, but when I play them on the TV through the Media Player, it puts the bars on the sides and squishes the picture.

Last edited:

mfruckus

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I finally received my HD Receiver to day and this problem also seems to happen when watching live TV as well. I can unplug my receiver from the Bluray player and plug it directly into my tv and it works perfect.

I called Sony's support line today and tried to find a fix. Their conclusion was that it was doing this because I wasn't using a Dish Network DVR. Well the DVR has nothing to do with computer files playing in the wrong aspect ratio.

Who here is using a non-dish reciever? Is everything working properly?

They actually wanted me to have a separate connection to my tv. One for the Bluray and then one for the receiver instead of having my receiver connected to the Bluray and into the tv. WTF would be the purpose of having this product if I can't integrate it with the tv functions? I could have spent a lot less money on just a Bluray player. I think I will be returning it this weekend if I can't find a fix for this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan