Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Philips 55PUS8809 Android TV

Hi,

I was just reading some Finnish review about that TV and one guy mentioned he was able to install Apps from outside Google Play there.. He just only mentioned that use ADB (Android Debug Bridge) over Wifi and adb connect, adb install.. I know how to do that, but my TV has USB debugging and "allow installation of non-market apps" disabled by default and those can't be enabled... So have anyone succeeded that and could give me some tips?

Thanks
    -Pete

Default Re: Philips 55PUS8809 Android TV

Hi, I used this guide from another forum and works fine for my 55PUS7909

Here ist the esier method to enable unknow sources.

1) Download terminal emulator from playstore
    2) Open terminal emulator and paste this without quota "am start --user 0 -n com.android.settings/.SecuritySettings"
    3) Enable unknow sources

I use dropbox, not USB to install my progreams on TV. Load the files on Dropbox with your laptop/computer, then open your dropbox with chrome and save files. Then you can install them and delete them from download folder.

I install everything I needed like PopcornTime (works fine-but it is using phone app and do not show full HD 1080 Movies) Kodi (is on store) and other programs.

Hope that helps

BTW: Does anyone knows about CCcam and OScam if it works on Android with DVS2?

Default Re: Philips 55PUS8809 Android TV

I did exactly what u wrote in terminal, but i get "error type 3", and something with class missing. Im not a programmer, i dont know what to do next.