Nov 22 Revue SW Update (KA1X-20101122.184803.user-b41730)

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: myalover

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
It's good to see some updates coming down the pipe. I don't use Netflix anything and have the actual Sony Google TV, but this makes me feel like we're not the fogoten bastard children.

To big announcements after CES? Android 2.2 in Decemebr? Excellent!

scottct1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am shocked that I seem to be the only person who has received the upgrade so far. The new Netflix interface is a major step forward and makes the GoogleTV much more enjoyable to use.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Stranger things have happened. Great job documenting it though!

I am shocked that I seem to be the only person who has received the upgrade so far. The new Netflix interface is a major step forward and makes the GoogleTV much more enjoyable to use.

scottct1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I got an email overnight telling me my unit is somehow on the beta cycle and have received beta software. They would like my mac address to return my box to production code. :(

I didn't know this was beta or I wouldn't have said anything about it. And at this point I don't want to give them my mac address to return me to Production software as that would be a big step back for me.

GoogleTV should be very happy as it appears for the first time since its release people are actually excited about Google TV. I am shocked at the number of sites which picked up the news overnight and most of the comments on all the sites were extremely positive, which in turn made a positive buzz about the box.

I would LOVE to talk to someone from Google TV about this, and also would like to meet with them at CES in January. I can be reached at my first name at satelliteguys dot us.

bibeaud

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I got an email overnight telling me my unit is somehow on the beta cycle and have received beta software. They would like my mac address to return my box to production code. :(

I didn't know this was beta................

I think we all have Beta's. We paid $300-400 to be betatesters without realizing it. Please update my box. I got nothing to lose.

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
@bibeaud

It's not an Android update. Just an enhancement that mainly adds more Netflix features.

I also believe this was only seen on Logitech's box.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
@bibeaud

It's not an Android update. Just an enhancement that mainly adds more Netflix features.

I also believe this was only seen on Logitech's box.
I believe this is actually an Android updates, rather than Logitech. Was on the phone with and Revue support engineer the other day for a couple of hours, and he explained that the Netflix app is "owned" by Google TV (Google/Android), rather than by Sony or Logitech. Frame-rate issue on the Revue last month was "owned" by Logitech. They obviously coordinate release updates, though.

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe this is actually an Android updates, rather than Logitech. Was on the phone with and Revue support engineer the other day for a couple of hours, and he explained that the Netflix app is "owned" by Google TV (Google/Android), rather than by Sony or Logitech. Frame-rate issue on the Revue last month was "owned" by Logitech. They obviously coordinate release updates, though.

There's no doubt it's going to be an overall update. However, the rumored and mentioned update has only been beta release on Logitech's machine. I'd compare this to Android 2.2 being released to HTC phones before Motorola, and them before Samsung.

This is Logitech's release of whatever this update is, but it certainly does point to something coming to Sony's products as well.

Reactions: bcexperts

danger-rat

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded and tried flashing this update manually through recovery, but it fails with a "Sentinal" error...

Anybody had any luck?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk