1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google TV Sessions at Google I/O

Looking at the session list, there's a few sessions specifically for Google TV. I'm excited, but also discouraged considering this will likely mean anything decent is still a long way out since it hasn't even been developed yet.

Building Web Apps for Google TV
    Building Android Apps for Google TV

ROM
    Stock on most

Yeah, I was hoping they'd show off GTV 2. Based on the sparse number of Google TV sessions, I don't think that's going to happen. Could be wrong though.

ROM
    Stock on most

After having been to the sessions, I am officially excited for the 3.1 Google TV release. Remains to be seen how well it will run on the Intel chips though.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Averix View Post
    After having been to the sessions, I am officially excited for the 3.1 Google TV release. Remains to be seen how well it will run on the Intel chips though.
    I got an Apple TV a few days ago, but see the Revue is now on sale for $199.00 at Best Buy. Is new hardware on the way that will have more features that the current Revue won't be able to handle? I'd rather have Google TV the way it integrates, but don't want to get it yet if some major hardware overhaul is around the corner. It seems from the discussion it is a little bit down the road though. Any thoughts...
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators