Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Franco's Nightly Kernel

Default Hyperlink in Google+ comments

For the life of me i cannot figure out how to do this, and i'm not having any luck looking in Google+ Help, or anywhere online.

Rather than post the full URL in a comment, i'd like to be able to just create a hyperlink, as has been done in this post by Phil. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default Re: Hyperlink in Google+ comments

The Google + song links are being generated by the share feature in YouTube. The insert link option is done by clicking the paperclip to the right of the camera icon.
    LR7

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    The Google + song links are being generated by the share feature in YouTube. The insert link option is done by clicking the paperclip to the right of the camera icon.
    I think the OP wants to post a link in a comment of an original post by someone else. I do not thik this is possible at this time...

Please correct me if I am wrong...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Franco's Nightly Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by LR_Se7eN View Post
    I think the OP wants to post a link in a comment of an original post by someone else. I do not thik this is possible at this time...

Please correct me if I am wrong...
    Nope...you're spot in.

I was able to talk to one of the people that did it, and he said that all he did was paste the full URL into his reply, and G+ converted it into a hyperlink that read simply "The Google+ Song". It was hit or miss, though, as other URLs would remain in full, though they were clickable links.

Global Posts
    2,353 Global Posts

If you're copy/pasting, hit the space bar after you paste the link. It'll work. The actual hyperlinking is up to the source though.
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

So, I never got anything in that post. I was the first person to post the song. Hmm. Not even a joke prize.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
    Perfect Screen Shot Ad Free (App)
    Perfect Screen Shot (App)