Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: Finally deleted my G+ profile

Actually Google + is new social site that's why Google is facing some difficulties due to some technically problem.So we should wait for this.

Sounds to me like someone who calls Facebook my face....lol It is only when everyone is using it only then they give it a shot and get the wow factor. New things are always hard to get at first but once you and your friends start using it then you get to see its full potential. I use G+ everyday more than any other social media. If you would like to start meeting ppl of your own genres but don't have a clue where to start I would be more than happy to help. +AC Cruz oh and make sure you add androidcentral.

I use both, Google + has far more relevant content for me and interesting discussions. Facebook is for hearing about someone from HS or my families bowel movements, G+ is for talking tech, politics, content discovery, etc...

The design is far better. Also I'd point out that G+ is still under 1 year and is lightyears ahead of where facebook was at 1 year. Different times I know, but it's moronic to not use G+ because your friends aren't there, your friends weren't on Facebook when it started too.
    giograves likes this.

I use google+ because of the additional sync benefits as an android user. Google plus auto syncs all my photos and contacts along with everything else in my google profile. I rarely use the social networking side, other than giving a plus 1 to all sorts of stuff. All of googles features are getting more and more unified. With assistant on the horizon, the more of my services I use google for, the more beneficial assistant will be to me when it launches.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Slender Troll likes this.

I too use g+ everyday good discussions and none of the stupid dramas u get with fb, g+ seems more for the mature ppl
    Thanked by:

I love Google+. I feel that G+ seems to be a progression over Facebook. With Facebook it houses the younger crowd and then after a few years the user moves on to G+ for a more professional experience.
    "On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."
    - Kevin Flynn, (Tron, 1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Daystrom5 View Post
    I love Google+. I feel that G+ seems to be a progression over Facebook. With Facebook it houses the younger crowd and then after a few years the user moves on to G+ for a more professional experience.
    I'd agree with you. I'm a 50-something professional and most of the business people I deal with are Google+ people. Linkedin, I must say, is probably THE most popular for the older professional crowd.

I have a Facebook account, but only because my High School son made me one. Family and close friends only. It provides a window in the the lives of my nieces and nephews, but I'd never dream of including professional associates on something like Facebook.

The ability of Google+ to keep associates/friends/acquaintances in related circles is much more intuitive and useful.

I used to use Google+. I did think that it was better than facebook and twitter. I really liked that I could communicate to people in my area that I didn't know. It wass the most social networking I had ever done. Unfortunately, the social networking scene has gotten old for me. Google+ was by far the best experience I had ever had in the social networking space, but it too got old. I don't use any social networking applications anymore. I get the urge to create an account every once in a while, but then my better judgement takes over.

Deleted mine as well. Not interested in the social networking scene any longer. But I did think that Google+ was better than facebook and twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    Deleted mine as well. Not interested in the social networking scene any longer. But I did think that Google+ was better than facebook and twitter.
    Try Linkedin. It's more of a straight business contact list. No social content... all professional/business.

It's prudent to keep a network of business contacts. You never know when you need to reach out for help... or can provide help. I've always kept a network of contacts... about 30 years now. Luckily I have not needed them personally, but have helped many in their job search. Now that my nieces and nephews are graduating college, my network has been able to help them as well.

Over the years, who you know has become more important than what you know. Don't get me wrong, who you knew was always important, but not nearly as important as it is today. There are just so many people out there with skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Maikai.Guy View Post
    Try Linkedin. It's more of a straight business contact list. No social content... all professional/business.

It's prudent to keep a network of business contacts. You never know when you need to reach out for help... or can provide help. I've always kept a network of contacts... about 30 years now. Luckily I have not needed them personally, but have helped many in their job search. Now that my nieces and nephews are graduating college, my network has been able to help them as well.

Over the years, who you know has become more important than what you know. Don't get me wrong, who you knew was always important, but not nearly as important as it is today. There are just so many people out there with skills.
    LinkedIn wouldnt help me. The field I'm in really doesn't require that type of networking.

My problem with linked in is people try to use it like Facebook and I'm not looking to monitor another news feed. That's why I like google+. Keep it simple. I want to read your content and see your profile. I don't need to see your wall to wall with your ex girlfriend or timeline. Although that does make for a great Saturday night with a bowl of popcorn and mike & ikes.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by smcolbert View Post
    My problem with linked in is people try to use it like Facebook and I'm not looking to monitor another news feed. That's why I like google+. Keep it simple. I want to read your content and see your profile. I don't need to see your wall to wall with your ex girlfriend or timeline. Although that does make for a great Saturday night with a bowl of popcorn and mike & ikes.

?!

I think you are confusing Linked-in with something else. There's no "wall." You can join a group discussion if one interests you, but YOU decide what you join and the discussion is limited to that topic. Linked-in is just a network of connections. You home page is essentially your resume. It's not, by any stretch of the imagination, anything like facebook.

No, it's linked in. People post on the group pages too much. Or maybe I'm just lucky enough to be part of those groups. I don't really need it anyway. Twitter and google plus are more than enough for me. If more people used google plus I wouldn't need twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by smcolbert View Post
    No, it's linked in. People post on the group pages too much. Or maybe I'm just lucky enough to be part of those groups. I don't really need it anyway. Twitter and google plus are more than enough for me. If more people used google plus I wouldn't need twitter.

Well... you signed up for those groups. Just quit the groups you find annoying (or all of them for that matter) and keep the account. With no groups, there's no fluff... just a list of contacts. Having a network of contacts can only help.

It probably matters what groups you join. I'm a member of two or three groups. Industry standards stuff I'm interested in professionally. Nobody ever uses them like facebook. Just professionals discussing the particular standards I follow and need to be aware of. It's actually a great source of info.

I have a similar thing going on in my Google+ account, only it's people I actually know and work with. Groups in Linkedin can have anyone in them. You don't need to know the other people.

Yeah, I'm just tired of having to manage my social networks like that. That's why I only really use google+ and twitter now.

Sent from my GT-P7510

i h ave also deleted my G+ profile as i don't liked it much. I thought it would be much better then twitter or FB but still i m happy on twitter.
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

the problem with Google+ is that it's too much "Google"... you need a gmail account, and that alienates anyone who doesn't have and doesn't want a gmail account... and just being labled "Google+" it alienates anyone anti-Google.... if Google had been smart, they would have branded it agnostically, and tried to make it seem like it doesn't have such strong ties to "Google"... look at Facebook... it's basically platform neutral... although even they now seem intent on locking in users to their own ecosystem, but announcing their paid web app service....

Google Drive is doomed too... the neutral solution right now is Drop box, just like Facebook is the alternative to G+... OpenMapSource will gain some steam once Apple switches over (they've already started within iPhoto)...

Google should realise that people don't want to be 100% locked into a single ecosystem... Apple is probably the most successful at this, but even then, their success is having hundreds of thousands of apps, allowing people choices, and even Apple's iOS mail client is the most "neutral" of all the platforms...
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

One is not necessarily better than the other. They both have strengths and weaknesses, just like the Apple vs. Android discussions.

I have 700+ friends and family members on FB. I have 200 circled on G+. I have better and more intriguing conversations on G+ than I do on FB. Plus everyone and their brother has all their apps updating to FB. I hate Foursquare. If I want to know where you are, I will call you and ask. :-)

It's a personal choice.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted
    gabbott likes this.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miguelinho36 View Post
    I too use g+ everyday good discussions and none of the stupid dramas u get with fb, g+ seems more for the mature ppl
    Exactly! I love it!

I like G+, its slowly growing on me. Most of my connections are on Facebook or Twitter and that probably won't be changing anytime soon. So, for now, those will be my current "social networks", and G+ I check about once a week. If more people I know migrate to G+, I'll start using it more. For now... its not getting a lot of use (and I have considered deleting it, but I'll wait a while longer to see if it gains any popularity)

It's nice to have alternatives. Facebook tries to be all things to all people. It ends up becoming too much of a clutter. I prefer using it just for casual socializing. Google+ is my choice for technical socializing, keeping in touch with people about Android, Windows, Mac, sci-fi forums, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMasters View Post
    With the rate Android is taking over the phone industry and the heavy integration Google+ has with Ice Cream Sandwich, I'd say it was a wise decision.
    Heavy integration? Where? I don't see it in matter of fact i don't need to have G+ installed

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Heavy integration? Where? I don't see it in matter of fact i don't need to have G+ installed
    Hmm... you know, that might be the problem. Why don't you install it and see what extra stuff you get?

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

im still not fond of the old + myself
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast