Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Finally deleted my G+ profile

Well, my Google + account was sitting unused for months and I saw no reason to jump into it or even keep it around. I saw no value in using it (for me, at least). I hesitated for a long time just because of the "maybe some day" reason I give to almost everything that sits unused online or in my house...anything from browser bookmarks and web-based email accounts to mysterious keys and buttons in the junk drawer of our kitchen.

One of my Facebook friends inspired me today. She deleted her G+ profile and I decided I had no real use for it, so I bit the bullet and deleted mine and uninstalled the app from my phone. Sometimes it's good to clean house. Maybe later tonight I'll go through that junk drawer at home.

Sorry, Google +. Nothing personal.

Default Re: Finally deleted my G+ profile

With the rate Android is taking over the phone industry and the heavy integration Google+ has with Ice Cream Sandwich, I'd say it was a wise decision.

Did anyone ever use Google +? Maybe I'm out of the loop. I still don't get the +1 feature, was that suppose to be similar to the "like" button on facebook?

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I have never made one and I never will at this point. I see it pretty useless. I mean this opinion can change in time but for right now...I am sticking with Facebook!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMasters View Post
    With the rate Android is taking over the phone industry and the heavy integration Google+ has with Ice Cream Sandwich, I'd say it was a wise decision.
    They can integrate it all they want...won't change a thing, except now it'll be one more thing for me to ignore alongside Twitter.
    cmorty72#AC and cgardnervt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    They can integrate it all they want...won't change a thing, except now it'll be one more thing for me to ignore alongside Twitter.
    Cool story bro, I left Facebook over a month ago and never looked back. Google+ performs better and is more secure than the Zuckerberg establishment that logs me in by itself sans username and password on a clean install, signs me in and out of chat whenever it feels like resulting in a ton of people thinking I'm ignoring them, and changes my privacy settings without my consent on a monthly basis.

I go with what provides the best experience. Jumped ship to G+ and my friends followed. Guess to the 50+ million people who use it, Facebook is just one more thing for us to ignore.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMasters View Post
    Cool story bro, I left Facebook over a month ago and never looked back. Google+ performs better and is more secure than the Zuckerberg establishment that logs me in by itself sans username and password on a clean install, signs me in and out of chat whenever it feels like resulting in a ton of people thinking I'm ignoring them, and changes my privacy settings without my consent on a monthly basis.

I go with what provides the best experience. Jumped ship to G+ and my friends followed. Guess to the 50+ million people who use it, Facebook is just one more thing for us to ignore.
    50+ million who USE it or 50+ million who, like me, had a profile? big difference and important distinction.

I'm not really interested in a p***ing match. Google+ may be far superior in many ways...but it doesn't mean it's worth upending my online social presence just to make some statement that nobody cares about.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

There's no point in having a Google+ and Facebook, it has to be one or the other.

ROM
    stock

I'll take Google+ with proper privacy controls and thoughtful post versus a wall full of "I had toast this morning" or some of Zuck's patented "friction-less sharing that does stuff we forgot to tell you about".
    Thanked by:
    xpcjx87 likes this.
    cgk

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts

I'd take google+ except that absolutely nobody I knew is on it, nobody I know is interested in using it and I haven't used it in a month or so.

I love g+ not only r my friends on it but i met new friends because of it. Not new "hang out" friends but cool people to converse with on g+ that live in my area.

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

I use google+ all the time, but only because it automatically uploads the photos I take on my phone to a private photo album. Makes it much easier to get to them on my computer.
    Thanked by:

I seldom use it. Matter of fact, I should jump over on it to try and grasp it more. Seems confusing compared to facebook or twitter. Maybe just something you need to get used to?

I only have maybe 6 people on it. Nobody I personally know uses it.either.

Sent from I am on Fire!
    Android4life

Remember when MySpace was all the rage? Then remember how quickly it died do to security and Facebook? Only a matter of time with Google + imo.
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by sdfvn View Post
    I use google+ all the time, but only because it automatically uploads the photos I take on my phone to a private photo album. Makes it much easier to get to them on my computer.
    Meh...I have PhotoSync. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishFish232 View Post
    Did anyone ever use Google +? Maybe I'm out of the loop. I still don't get the +1 feature, was that suppose to be similar to the "like" button on facebook?
    Yes, except better. All of those times you wish there was a dislike button on facebook because liking a status about your friend being sick doesn't seem right? Yeah, +1 works because it is void of connotation.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I love Google+ yes I use it for people I have met here and have no family on it (Facebook works for that) but it is fun. Much more alive than Facebook. I deleted my my________ account, shall I thread and ask a mod to stickie lmoa.....

I didn't like it!

ROM
    s-off

I have good + but I don't use it. I still use only facebook and i think Myspace is dead

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Google+ is useful to people have their own site on web , struggling for ranking on Search result. Google gives preference to site active on google plus, they have option to create promotion pages on google + . Otherwise no use of this features in mobile or any where else.

I downloaded Google+ over three months ago and never ended up trying it out. Over the past week I've given it a shot and it's actually pretty cool. I just don't see myself on there very often, though. Twitter is still where it's at for me.

Not sure why'd you go so far as to deleting it. Then again, if absolute certainty is in effect ...

I know a bunch of people who don't even use it to post, share, comment outside of tthe hangouts. Or chords. Or whatever the hell they're calling it. If they would integrate it with gTalk they could have a way more unified experience, complete with group chats & hangouts.

I also hear people commenting on the lack of activity and such; clearly an issue of who you follow and what they bring. Through circle shares and half a++ed looking I have managed to find a lot of decent chatter, activity and thought. There is actually a lot going on out there ... just gotta find it.

Funny, though, because I've never created a FB account, so all I can go off is the annoying chatter and complaints from others.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue View Post
    Not sure why'd you go so far as to deleting it.
    Why not? If I could go around and delete every account I've ever created but never use, I would. There's too much "me" detritus out there...and I'm not fond of the digital hoarding that goes on, the "oh, I might go there someday" or "just in case, I'll keep it" type of thinking.

If, some day, I ever decide I'll give it another shot, I can RE-create it. Doubtful, though. I just don't see Google+ as anything approaching a real success.

Found this to be an interesting analysis of how Google went wrong with G+.

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Why not? If I could go around and delete every account I've ever created but never use, I would. There's too much "me" detritus out there...and I'm not fond of the digital hoarding that goes on, the "oh, I might go there someday" or "just in case, I'll keep it" type of thinking.

If, some day, I ever decide I'll give it another shot, I can RE-create it. Doubtful, though. I just don't see Google+ as anything approaching a real success.

Found this to be an interesting analysis of how Google went wrong with G+.
    I doubt Google is upset over the amount of people and companies that use G+. way better than FB to me. Too bad most people are scared to try it. But that's why there are choices.

Sent from my GS2.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast