How can I stop email notifications?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
On my phone I'm getting the G+ app notifications and gmail notifications for posts I've posted in. This is redundant, can I stop the email notifications on my phone?

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
On my phone I'm getting the G+ app notifications and gmail notifications for posts I've posted in. This is redundant, can I stop the email notifications on my phone?
In your forum settings which is under your Avatar that says settings scroll down to where it says General Settings and look for Notifications and change it to Control Panel Only. You will not get anymore notifications from the system unless you post in a thread and subscribe to it from the thread.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
In your forum settings which is under your Avatar that says settings scroll down to where it says General Settings and look for Notifications and change it to Control Panel Only. You will not get anymore notifications from the system unless you post in a thread and subscribe to it from the thread.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, this is specific to the Google+ application. When I am using the app and posting on threads on G+, I am getting a Gmail notification and the G+ app is also notifying me.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I wasn't clear, this is specific to the Google+ application. When I am using the app and posting on threads on G+, I am getting a Gmail notification and the G+ app is also notifying me.
Ok sorry about that, Thought you were referring to system settings. Is there any settings in the G+ app which I am not aware of? gmail which I use I can turn off.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Ok sorry about that, Thought you were referring to system settings. Is there any settings in the G+ app which I am not aware of? gmail which I use I can turn off.

I looked within the app itself and I can't find anything. I remember seeing an option somewhere that said "Receive email notifications for G+ posts/replies" or something like that.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I looked within the app itself and I can't find anything. I remember seeing an option somewhere that said "Receive email notifications for G+ posts/replies" or something like that.
I am a bit bummed myself that I cannot help you anymore than I have tried since I don't use G+. Have you thought about googling G+ to see what you can find or go to Google and their KB and do a search. All else fails shoot something off to tech support for them but I bet you can find something in a search engine.

[EDIT] I jst Googled this and came up with this. See if this helps you.

How to turn off Google Plus Community Notification Email | SEO Buzz

Disable e-mail notifications on Google+ | How To - CNET

How to Turn off Emails from Google+: 5 Steps (with Pictures)

Good luck and let me know if any of these work

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I am a bit bummed myself that I cannot help you anymore than I have tried since I don't use G+. Have you thought about googling G+ to see what you can find or go to Google and their KB and do a search. All else fails shoot something off to tech support for them but I bet you can find something in a search engine.

[EDIT] I jst Googled this and came up with this. See if this helps you.

How to turn off Google Plus Community Notification Email | SEO Buzz

Disable e-mail notifications on Google+ | How To - CNET

How to Turn off Emails from Google+: 5 Steps (with Pictures)

Good luck and let me know if any of these work

The CNET one worked just fine. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums