Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AgentScribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auto-Backup Issues with G+

I've been a longtime user of G+ and love it. Recently switched to the Galaxy N3 and am using my MicroSD card for photo storage; also using JuiceDefender (free/basic) to extend battery life. But, I'm not seeing my photos auto-syncing to G+ any more (currently have it set to auto backup via WiFi or cell signal only whenever the phone is on charge. Any suggestions?
    BB 8330, 9700, 9800; Atrix 4G & HD; Galaxy Note III
    http://www.LegacyBicycle.com

Default Re: Auto-Backup Issues with G+

Is Auto Backup checked in your Account settings? Go to System Settings/Accounts-Google/[your Google account], and make sure Google+ Auto Backup is checked.

If you have your phone set to back up only when the phone is on charge, I wonder if JuiceDefender makes it so that it will only Auto Backup photos that you take when you're charging. Clearly, that wouldn't be very helpful, but maybe it's a glitch in the app. You could see if your phone backs up a photo that you take while charging, and if it doesn't when off charger.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Is Auto Backup checked in your Account settings? Go to System Settings/Accounts-Google/[your Google account], and make sure Google+ Auto Backup is checked.

If you have your phone set to back up only when the phone is on charge, I wonder if JuiceDefender makes it so that it will only Auto Backup photos that you take when you're charging. Clearly, that wouldn't be very helpful, but maybe it's a glitch in the app. You could see if your phone backs up a photo that you take while charging, and if it doesn't when off charger.
    Thanks for the reply. All settings are set up to allow for auto backup. I'm guessing it is the JuiceDefender and will experiment with it tonight.

I also downloaded the Picasa Tool app and am wondering if that could have anything to do with all of this. But, JuiceDefender will be the next thing I mess with. I'll start with an uninstall and if that fixes the problem, I'll re-install and see how G+ auto backup performs. If the problem persists with JuiceDefender, I'll look into Juice's custom settings to see if could exclude G+.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So, I uninstalled JuiceDefender and re-initialized G+. Not 100% sure, but I think G+ was hung up as far as auto backup goes. Right now, batter life has improved enough that I'm running without JuiceDefender. Still have G+ set to auto back up over any network so long as it is plugged in.

If I return to JuiceDefender, I'll probably pay for the upgraded version and set custom options to allow full/normal syncing of all apps whenever the phone is plugged in. This should alleviate my G+ issues as well as keep me more updated while the phone is plugged in.
    B. Diddy likes this.