How to organize Google+ Photos!?!?!

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I have all these photos in my Google+ Photos and they are organized by album dates (I guess that's the default). Now I want to organize my photos with customized folders (using desktop), meaning I want to create folders and move my photos into them. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that in Google+ Photos!?!?!?! :confused:

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got it sorted. I was in the middle of answering when I got called into a meeting. Sorry hehe

It's all good thanks for the support!

Lastly... I deleted a pic in my Google+ Photos App, but when I checked on desktop in my Google+>Photos>All... the pic was still there!?!?!
Why do I need to go to both platforms to delete a picture??? Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't... Actually, if I'm not mistaken (at least mine does), when you delete a photo through the Photos app, it will warn you that deleting the picture from your device will also remove any backup stored in Google+. The same, however, does not apply if you do it through the website, where if you delete a picture, it will only be removed from Google's servers, but the original file in your device will not be modified.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh.. thanks!

I see what I did... I deleted the pic from my Note 2 Gallery, which deleted the same pic from Google+ Photos App but not in my Google+>Photos>All.

I tried what you said, I deleted the pic from the Google+ Photos App, and it deleted the pic from everywhere; deleted the pic in my Note 2 Gallery and also in my Google+>Photos>All.

Thanks again! I really want to use the Google+ Photos, hence all these questions, lol.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah, yeah... the stock Gallery app, since not tied to Google+, will only delete the picture from your device. Only if you do it from the Photos app will it be deleted from both places.

I wish Google had made it better so that you can tell which pictures are only in your device, which on both places, and which only in the Cloud at a glance, and not having to jump thorough hoops to get the info.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's very confusing for people trying it out and really want to make it their go-to photo app. I almost gave up on it!

Now I'm trying to figure out, if I take a pic from my stock camera, will it go to my Google Photos App and Google+ Photos? Or only when I take the pic through Google Camera...argh!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you take a picture with the stock camera it will go into the Photos App and Google+ when your syncing criteria are met (mine is set to WiFi AND charging). And only if you select to have other picture folders backed will will those be synced to the Cloud as well. Otherwise, only the Camera pictures will be backed up.

If you use a 3rd party camera, however, it might not be backed up to Google if it doesn't save the pictures to the stock Camera folder.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yup, just tested the stock camera and you are correct. Went to settings and configure it to my liking...

Thanks for all the help! Really really appreciate!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781