Share your Google+ thoughts

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks the whole thing is a bit over-hyped? Seriously... there is absolutely nothing to it what so ever.. No ones on it, its too much like facebook with new window dressing..

There aren't a lot of people on it, bit one of the things that I like about it is that I can see what posters near me are writing. I usually converse more with strangers than I do with people I know. That's one of the cooler features of the social network.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
One of the most unique aspects of google +, which is sadly only part of the mobile app is Nearby. I've found tons of interesting people that way. Honestly I forget to check my fb and twitter accounts now.

Sent from my DInc2 via Tapatalk

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I like Google+, but don't see how it'll catch on with the mainstream user. We all have friends / family who are not techies, who will not leave FB. As a result, people will either have to keep track of 2 social networks, or go where their peeps are.

I've already pretty much stopped using it.

this. I've opened it all of maybe 5 times since joining.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I love it. In my opinion, i think I love it because only people that get it, use it.

Also 98% of my internetting is done on my DInc2. Google plus application is 150000000 times better than facebutt. The integration with google and android is very good too.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

vitalyx

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
It looks quite nice. Like already been said, integration with other google services is a huge plus.
Other than that I reduced my use of social networks to under an hour per week, so they don't really matter, except for advertising my apps :)

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
One of the most unique aspects of google +, which is sadly only part of the mobile app is Nearby. I've found tons of interesting people that way. Honestly I forget to check my fb and twitter accounts now.

Sent from my DInc2 via Tapatalk

There's not enough people around me that even know what Google+ is yet. Still Facebook in this town. Sad really.

Sent from my Optimus V running IHO Android 2.3.7

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i wish it would catch on more around my town, the interface is excellent but not enough of my friends even know what it is.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Why?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

It really hasn't caught on with my friends the way I thought that it would. It is still missing some features or at least I haven't figured out how to access them. And to be honest, I'm starting to become exhausted with all the social networking. Facebook, four square, Linked in, Google+, Twitter. It's getting too much. I want to just deal with one or two. So Google+ may get cut.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

SlvrTrd

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Google+ is great and I really like the integration with the rest of google's services. Unfortunately it has not caught on with my group of friends yet although I know it will eventually. I think it is just like when everyone switched from myspace to facebook it took time for facebook to become the standard social media site but it did happen. Google+ will become the standard social media site especially since more and more peope are disatisfied with the changes facebook keeps making and the fact that the facebook for android app leaves a lot to be desired.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
But MySpace was never mainstreamed like Facebook is now. Your Grandma knows what Facebook is and she's probably ON Facebook.

There's a lot of older generation folks on there who will Not be migrating to a different social platform. They don't care, they just want to see pics of their grandkids throwing spaghetti all over the table.

Sent via VM670

SlvrTrd

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
they just want to see pics of their grandkids throwing spaghetti all over the table.

Sent via VM670

But see that is exactly what I use google+ for the most. The pics I take of my kids are automatically uploaded to my picasa acount and the people on the authorized viewers list are automatically notified by gmail that there are new pictures to view.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been pushing Google + over Facebook to my friends. Not many bites, but got a few. I hate Facebook, but since all my friends still use it I have to keep my profile running...

Add me via the link on my banner!

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I wish you could access google+ messenger chats from your pc

On pc messenger is the same as google chat.

The thing I'm realizing about plus is that it's more about finding new people to interact with rather than talking to people you already know.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I am really trying to get the people I talk to off Facebook, I hated it to the point where I deleted the account and haven't looked back, I lost a fair few "connections" with people but if they were important to me I already had other forms of communication, I have my Google+ account active and I'm counting on it to improve and evolve into what it can be.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk