Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Share your Google+ thoughts

Less drama than Facebook. Good information. Hope there is a limit on posts though. Unfollowed a person who just posted the same crude... Like 100xs..very annoying. .

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JustinMueller8810 View Post
    I think in the long run google will eventually take over the social game. Might be a while though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Ugh! The drama will follow them. :thumbdown: at least this way I can pop to fb when my drama lama needs feed.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,273 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Now that Windows 8 has launched with such deep Facebook integration, Google+ is dead to me. Just finished deleting all my posts last night. Will likely delete the profile and disable the app on my phone until I can move back to Windows Phone 8 or iOS.

I like Microsoft's ecosystem better. It's superior and their services has less built-in redundancy and are generally easy to use. Microsoft also understands that not everyone wants to live in a Browser and their services are well-built into their Desktop and/or Metro Apps (Live Essentials, for example). Still waiting on a decent Desktop Client for Google Talk. They still have that little monstrosity on their Web Site. I can post Pictures and make status updates from Windows Live Messenger even on a Windows 7 Machine... Nevermind what you can do from a Windows 8 Machine. I've been trying to use Google's services but their lack of interoperability with other services (and even some of their own services) is a showstopper. Some of the restrictions are baffling, and their utter incompetency and snail's pace when it comes to getting these things under control is a showstopper to me, cause better alternatives DO exist now. Also, I'm tired of having to hack my phone or buy a new phone just to take advantages of lots of good changes, since OEMs are always 6+ months behind Google with OS updates and support isn't nearly as good as what Apple or Microsoft provides for their platforms. I can't even easily share to Facebook from Picasa on Windows, for example. They can't be that oblivious... Anyways, that's what Windows Live Photo Gallery and iPhoto exists for!

Facebook works so well because it's platform Agnostic. Google+ feels gimped if you aren't on an Android phone and using Google Services (and even there the experience falls below Facebook, IMO, due to it's lack of interoperability with other services/apps i.e. you cannot easily cross post tweets to Google+ like you can to Facebook, or from Path to Google+ like you can to Twitter/FB/4sq/Tumblr). Facebook doesn't elicit that feeling, and neither does Twitter. In fact, Facebook elicits the complete opposite because developers have embraced it and tied it into so many other products.

Google has been walking back the whole competition thing, cause they know what's up. Now they call Google+ a social layer instead of a Social Network. Making it 2-3 clicks easy to create a Google+ profile won't make a successful social network. It will just make for a bunch of dormant accounts.

Even people I know that use Google Services utterly ignore it and use Facebook instead.

I just saw on Android Police about needing a + account to post reviews on Play.

Google is getting annoying with +. At one time on the computer, I couldn't log out of Play as a big popup pestering me about joining was in the way. I am not interested in social sites, I really don't care what the rest of the people are posting, and I have better things to do. I have a FB account - only because I wanted some info from Truphone for Nokia, and that was where their customer service was. I prefer newsgroups and fora with moderators for information. I've still got FB for customer service, but everything is marked "only me" I have friended no one. Twitter only follows the Mars Rovers. I don't post.

I don't believe in putting all eggs in one basket. I no longer use Picasa, I cleaned that and Blogger out, but I can't delete the separate accounts, so they just sit there. Google will annoy me every now and then as to why I am not posting or using Google Voice. It's none of Google's business. If it gets to the point where I have to post, there's always "lorum ipsum dolor est." Google had problems with Buzz and I don't see any difference. Besides which, I have different nicknames all over and I simply don't want them easily joined. So I'd never sign into a site with another account.

My phone is rooted and I've gotten rid of all social apps totally. I will keep Gmail account, but I am slowly switching to another service. Once everyone is switched to use the new service, Gmail can just sit there for spammers. Google needs to realize that some of us just don't care, and to stop trying to force us to be something we are not.

I have a smartphone since dumbphones won't do the apps I do want. Sky Safari, Mobile Observatory, iBird Pro, Audubon.

If you have a gmail account you already have a Google+ account, even if you have never used it. All future app reviews will now be tied to that account. You do not have to participate if you don't want to.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Zuben, where is the article stating you NEED a + account to post reviews? It's one thing to have the option to link accounts, and another to require an account.

Keep in mind, also, that if you have a gmail account, don't you automatically have a + account? Even if you add no information to it?
    Brandon

I don't intend to post. If + is tied to mail, then why did I get a pop-up pestering me to create a profile for + covering the Play logout for 2 weeks on the computer? Never saw it on the phone. If + is tied to Gmail - it shouldn't matter what extensions you have running in FX if your email is your login. If Play allows the login, then whatever you have disabled in FX shouldn't matter.

I'm not creating a profile, either. I don't fit my demographic which is what Google goes by anyway for marketing anything. I know I don't fit it. I worked in radio marketing.

Just got pestered by GV. Something about forwarding calls. I have never forwarded a call, only made one test call, and now that TMO has got service in Moab, I don't need GV.
    If it included the UK, I might use it, but it doesn't.

I have a Nexus 7 and I just tried to leave a review on Google play for a game I purchased and couldn't do it without joining Google+ so it is NOT optional. As a professional, I don't want the whole world knowing how much I game, so I will not be leaving any more reviews. I am pretty frustrated by this experience and will give up android devices altogether if this Google+ is forced into other things I once took for granted.

ROM
    Bugless Beast

I believe you guys are correct. I just tried to post a review and it tried to link my account to it, and when I hit cancel it didn't allow me to leave the review.

I guess the only recourse is to not leave reviews. I typically don't leave reviews so it's no skin off my back, but then again I don't have a problem with using my G+ profile anyway.
    Brandon

so it is NOT optional
    Posting a review is optional, not using your Google+ account. No one has said it is optional.

so I will not be leaving any more reviews
    That is exactly what you should do if you do not agree.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Is anyone facing any issues with the latest version of Google+, when viewing on my phone (4.1.2), some posts have many replies, but I can only see the first 2. Its as if it tries to load the rest but can't.

I like Google+ and it lets me share everything I like conveniently.
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com

i think it's better to build communities in contrary with facebook. i don't have many friends though there yet.
    just peter
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678