Share your Google+ thoughts

Schwermzilla

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
For me google plus has become twitter 2.0 I have circled more businesses and photographers than anything, i have like 45ish IRL friends on there but only 2-4 update it regularly. but i love going on there and strolling though all of the photographers posts.

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Google+ is far better than facebook IMO. Has nice integration with google products I already use. The desktop of google+ blows facebook away. So does the mobile app. It will take some time for people to figure it out. I converted some family and friends and never use my facebook anymore.

Google+ > Facebook.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The app for android needs better integration between other google apps. If you share something from YouTube, blogger, reader, etc all it shares in google plus is a text link. It's annoying.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

alsgroup

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I'm really like this. Seems like a good blend of Facebook and Twitter.

Quick highlights:
  • You add people to "Circles", and can customize which Circles see what you post.
  • The app has "instant upload", which automatically uploads pictures to a private folder.
  • Push notifications (that actually work!).
  • Very neat design.

Those of you who have managed to get an invite..how do you like it? What's your favorite feature(s)? Do you think it's the Facebook killer?

Above statement are right. You can also upload GIF animated images on Google+.

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been registered with G+ a year now but only just started using it I really like it in some respects but I do have my concerns. I have been registered on G+ as sonic aholic ever since they opened it up for general use, but today I received an email of Google+ team that made me think and take a very close look at what I was doing what information I am entering and who was able to see that info. Much to my dismay I have come to realize that Google+ is although very functional, beautifully integrated, and a pleasure to use it is a major security risk for your personal data and there are no safeguards for children at all here's my brief post on G+ about my concerns and why! https://plus.google.com/u/0/111381223531108868395/posts

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's not really for children. And you don't have to post publicly if you don't want to. You create circles of people you trust and know and share posts with them if you are paranoid. Any personal info you don't want shared, don't share.

g+ is as secure as any other Google product.

Something is wrong with the link you posted, can't see it so my comments are for the post here.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

Reactions: zmann

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Your right, children are not allowed. You need to be at least 16 to create an account, pretty sure of that, plus you are so right with personal info. Only people you allow to see your post and personal informed can. People need to learn how to use it properly before posting information that may scare someone else away.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Reactions: kirksucks

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
It needs a way to Share to Facebook and/or Twitter. Sharing to Facebook by email has a whole host of issues and isn't a viable work around especially if you post a lot of media. Manually posting the links to every Google+ post you make isn't going to cut it.

They simply need a Facebook connection, like every other Social network. They aren't top dog. They need to accept that and provide an optimal user experience. FB connection will also help get others to get their friends to join Google+. It's like they're oblivious to this...

Last edited:

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Less drama than Facebook. Good information. Hope there is a limit on posts though. Unfollowed a person who just posted the same crude... Like 100xs..very annoying. .

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I think in the long run google will eventually take over the social game. Might be a while though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ugh! The drama will follow them. :thumbdown: at least this way I can pop to fb when my drama lama needs feed. :p

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Now that Windows 8 has launched with such deep Facebook integration, Google+ is dead to me. Just finished deleting all my posts last night. Will likely delete the profile and disable the app on my phone until I can move back to Windows Phone 8 or iOS.

I like Microsoft's ecosystem better. It's superior and their services has less built-in redundancy and are generally easy to use. Microsoft also understands that not everyone wants to live in a Browser and their services are well-built into their Desktop and/or Metro Apps (Live Essentials, for example). Still waiting on a decent Desktop Client for Google Talk. They still have that little monstrosity on their Web Site. I can post Pictures and make status updates from Windows Live Messenger even on a Windows 7 Machine... Nevermind what you can do from a Windows 8 Machine. I've been trying to use Google's services but their lack of interoperability with other services (and even some of their own services) is a showstopper. Some of the restrictions are baffling, and their utter incompetency and snail's pace when it comes to getting these things under control is a showstopper to me, cause better alternatives DO exist now. Also, I'm tired of having to hack my phone or buy a new phone just to take advantages of lots of good changes, since OEMs are always 6+ months behind Google with OS updates and support isn't nearly as good as what Apple or Microsoft provides for their platforms. I can't even easily share to Facebook from Picasa on Windows, for example. They can't be that oblivious... Anyways, that's what Windows Live Photo Gallery and iPhoto exists for!

Facebook works so well because it's platform Agnostic. Google+ feels gimped if you aren't on an Android phone and using Google Services (and even there the experience falls below Facebook, IMO, due to it's lack of interoperability with other services/apps i.e. you cannot easily cross post tweets to Google+ like you can to Facebook, or from Path to Google+ like you can to Twitter/FB/4sq/Tumblr). Facebook doesn't elicit that feeling, and neither does Twitter. In fact, Facebook elicits the complete opposite because developers have embraced it and tied it into so many other products.

Google has been walking back the whole competition thing, cause they know what's up. Now they call Google+ a social layer instead of a Social Network. Making it 2-3 clicks easy to create a Google+ profile won't make a successful social network. It will just make for a bunch of dormant accounts.

Even people I know that use Google Services utterly ignore it and use Facebook instead.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I just saw on Android Police about needing a + account to post reviews on Play.

Google is getting annoying with +. At one time on the computer, I couldn't log out of Play as a big popup pestering me about joining was in the way. I am not interested in social sites, I really don't care what the rest of the people are posting, and I have better things to do. I have a FB account - only because I wanted some info from Truphone for Nokia, and that was where their customer service was. I prefer newsgroups and fora with moderators for information. I've still got FB for customer service, but everything is marked "only me" I have friended no one. Twitter only follows the Mars Rovers. I don't post.

I don't believe in putting all eggs in one basket. I no longer use Picasa, I cleaned that and Blogger out, but I can't delete the separate accounts, so they just sit there. Google will annoy me every now and then as to why I am not posting or using Google Voice. It's none of Google's business. If it gets to the point where I have to post, there's always "lorum ipsum dolor est." Google had problems with Buzz and I don't see any difference. Besides which, I have different nicknames all over and I simply don't want them easily joined. So I'd never sign into a site with another account.

My phone is rooted and I've gotten rid of all social apps totally. I will keep Gmail account, but I am slowly switching to another service. Once everyone is switched to use the new service, Gmail can just sit there for spammers. Google needs to realize that some of us just don't care, and to stop trying to force us to be something we are not.

I have a smartphone since dumbphones won't do the apps I do want. Sky Safari, Mobile Observatory, iBird Pro, Audubon.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
If you have a gmail account you already have a Google+ account, even if you have never used it. All future app reviews will now be tied to that account. You do not have to participate if you don't want to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown