Have Photon Questions? Ask 'em here

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
The home screens. I've only had HTC Android phones and a 7" galaxy tab thus far. There are 7 home screens. Can you add more?

The Galaxy Tab allowed me to add as many home screens as I wanted. HTC was locked at 7.

To go with this question, can screens be taken away on the Photon?

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Phil, How does the Proton treat the 1GB of RAM? Is the 1GB available for use all the time or does it only use 512mb until it's connected to the laptop dock, like the Atrix does? :confused:

ccfixx

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Without having owned a Motorola phone before, how do they treat notification lights? A notification light is available on the Photon, yes?

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Can the font size on the Photon be set and adjusted? I'm currently using a Blackberry. I can set my font size for text and emails at a certain size(10, 12, 14, 16, etc.). Is this possible on the Photon? I don't want to have to "pinch" to increase the text size in text and emails, or any other app/function. I want to set the font to a certain size and not have to worry about it. My vision is going on me in my old age! Haha!

Thanks for your help!
Second vote for this.

Also, does it play Netflix?

photostyle

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Without having owned a Motorola phone before, how do they treat notification lights? A notification light is available on the Photon, yes?
There is a notification light to the right of the front-facing camera. You can actually read the user's guide online on the sprint premiere store, where you'd order the phone.

"Your phone has a light that blinks whenever you receive voicemail, email, text message, have an
appointment, Bluetooth is in use, or your battery is low."

Light Status::Indication
Flashing green::New notification.
Solid white::Low battery, charging.
Flashing red::Low battery.
Flashing blue::Bluetooth in use.

http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/motorola/motorola_photon/photon_by_motorola_ug.pdf

gmoney144

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Will Motorola or Sprint offer an extended battery? The Motorola Droid 1,2 and X has between 1880 and 1930 extended batteries and adds little or no weight or bulk to the device.

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
What version of bluetooth does this have? I always had a problem with connecting my v2.1 bluetooth with my car system so I hope this is v3.0

Oh yea, and another question... how does signal strength seem to be?

djmiked

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Does this thing have a FM radio? I read on some sites that said it did not, but when I looked at the online users guide, it says it does have an FM radio. What's the scoop?

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Phil ,
Thanks or taking the time to help us out with our questions , We really appreciate it
I have couple of quetions though :

- Since this is a "World Phone" can I get one unlocked\Off-Contract & use as GSM phone outside the US with my own SiM card (I.e. STC sim card in Saudi Arabia) without having to be a Sprint Customer (like Verizon with the D3) ?

- how is the Tegra 2 (Atrix & Photon) compared to the OMAP 44 30 (DROID 3) in real life ?

Thanks Phil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110