Firmware Upgrade 2.3.4 Now Available

desertcat

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Just completed the firmware upgrade successfully. No problems so far. I was having issues accessing the 'Get more HTC widgets' server before and the upgrade seems to have corrected that link, but I think that has less to do with the 2.3.4 firmware and more to do with the act of upgrading. I have verified from the Software Information screen that this is 2.3.4, but don't have an external camera handy to capture a screenshot for everyone.

I'll post again if I see any problems.

<Update> Just noticed that the firmware also updated my Android Market to the new interface with options for books and movies.

Last edited:

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I updated with no issues. It is 2.3.4 and Talk has video. I have not tested the radio yet, but I hope it is better.

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
It will break the revolutionary tool for root as the hboot is updated to 0.98.0000 from 0.97.0000. They may be able to update it, but that is not known yet. So if you are not rooted and intend to root, DO NOT TAKE THE UPDATE, as if you do, you may not be able to root.

I am rooted and s-off, so I flashed the radio from it to test, and WOW. This is the first time I have actually seen "bars" on my phone. I previously would have a signal of about -85 to -100dbm and never saw below -80. Now I have been fluctuating between -72 and -78dbm. Great improvement. I can set my OG Droid next to it and with the old radio (0622), it was always -10 to -20 dbm lower than my OG. Now I can sit them side by side and they are almost identical.

I can't speak for the rest of the ROM, as I am not running stock at all. I just wanted to share how much the radio improved for me.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
can i install this over rooted stock rom? i have bone stock Inc2 but, rooted for titanium, nandroid and a custom bootsplash screen. nothing that i will miss for a bit while the incredible guys at alpharev fight with it to root back up. will this hurt anything by loading update over my current rooted rom?

TIA

surfmly29

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
can i install this over rooted stock rom? i have bone stock Inc2 but, rooted for titanium, nandroid and a custom bootsplash screen. nothing that i will miss for a bit while the incredible guys at alpharev fight with it to root back up. will this hurt anything by loading update over my current rooted rom?

TIA

Same question here... sounds like earlier posts says it breaks hboot/root, but the post few above suggests that he updated at least the radio on rooted DINC 2 without issue.... would love to know for sure how to handle this update if you are rooted with revolutionary's root (on stock rom).

Thanks

surfmly29

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
It will break the revolutionary tool for root as the hboot is updated to 0.98.0000 from 0.97.0000. They may be able to update it, but that is not known yet. So if you are not rooted and intend to root, DO NOT TAKE THE UPDATE, as if you do, you may not be able to root.

I am rooted and s-off, so I flashed the radio from it to test, and WOW. This is the first time I have actually seen "bars" on my phone. I previously would have a signal of about -85 to -100dbm and never saw below -80. Now I have been fluctuating between -72 and -78dbm. Great improvement. I can set my OG Droid next to it and with the old radio (0622), it was always -10 to -20 dbm lower than my OG. Now I can sit them side by side and they are almost identical.

I can't speak for the rest of the ROM, as I am not running stock at all. I just wanted to share how much the radio improved for me.

When you say 'I flashed the radio from it' what do you mean? Did you download the update file (not on the phone but some other way), open it up it up somehow (is it a zip or something?) and just take the radio portion of the update and flash that using CWR?

Any instructions on that would be great. I am rooted on stock rom (using the revolutionary root), and noticed the radio (no bars) issue as well. Would love to see a better radio while keeping root intact.

Thanks.

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I updated with no issues. It is 2.3.4 and Talk has video. I have not tested the radio yet, but I hope it is better.

Wish I could say the same, it bricked my wifes phone. She downloaded the update and ran it fine until the phone rebooted. Then it boot looped. VZW is sending her a replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markp84103