3.2 update?

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted but running the stock ROM. I did change the libnvomx.so file to get Netflix. Anyone know if 3.2 will break that?

synapses11

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted but running the stock ROM. I did change the libnvomx.so file to get Netflix. Anyone know if 3.2 will break that?

If you do the OTA update 3.2, you will lose root and CWM and there is currently no fix for it as they changed the boot loader. I would not update using the stock OTA update.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep! Currently, there is no root method for 3.2. Suppose there will be in a few months.
Current changes in 3.2;
1. Fixed bootloader security issue
2. Added some different default wallpaper
3. Changed a couple of menu items around
4. Fixed Bootloader security issue
5. Added "please insert sim card" for A500 users ..... ooops
6. Fixed Bootloader security issue

Seriously, considering how utterly easy it is, to root the 500/501, and flash a basic 3.2HC Rom, why would anybody wish to wait for the OTA update?

synapses11

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep! Currently, there is no root method for 3.2. Suppose there will be in a few months.
Current changes in 3.2;
1. Fixed bootloader security issue
2. Added some different default wallpaper
3. Changed a couple of menu items around
4. Fixed Bootloader security issue
5. Added "please insert sim card" for A500 users ..... ooops
6. Fixed Bootloader security issue

Seriously, considering how utterly easy it is, to root the 500/501, and flash a basic 3.2HC Rom, why would anybody wish to wait for the OTA update?

I was just a plain idiot not even thinking I'd lose both CWM and Root. DURR!! Now Im pissed. I contacted support stating Im a developer and desperately needed to go roll back to 3.1. They told me the solution to downgrade was to do a factory reset lol. Goes to show you how incompetent they are.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I was just a plain idiot not even thinking I'd lose both CWM and Root. DURR!! Now Im pissed. I contacted support stating Im a developer and desperately needed to go roll back to 3.1. They told me the solution to downgrade was to do a factory reset lol. Goes to show you how incompetent they are.

By factory reset, I assume they mean to stick something in that little "pinhole" near the rocker? Boy, this sounds like fun.

Read a couple posts where some folks did just that, then got prompted with a password screen on boot. I think they were told to enter 0000 or 1234.

otsu2cob

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted to HC 3.2 Tabooney. Very NICE, very easy. Just follow the directions on the web site and you can't go wrong. Then we can all blow off Acer and their BS update games.

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted to HC 3.2 Tabooney. Very NICE, very easy. Just follow the directions on the web site and you can't go wrong. Then we can all blow off Acer and their BS update games.

Did they get the root issue fixed with Taboonay 2.1? The first release of it 2 or 3 days ago, didn't activate the included root app, and most folks lost root after a reboot. There was a workaround though.

Or are you just running Taboonay 2.0?

Also, you should inform users that Taboony uses a non stock Kernel I believe?

"Using Villain Kernel 3.4 with autoload modules" is what's listed.

Although it's nice to be able to flash custom Roms for the A500/501, and it's easy,

But....Not all users wish to void their warranty. Locked bootloaders are really designed to prevent n00bs from getting into trouble.

Last edited:

jeffro77

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I got the update this morning, and I'm pleased to share that it appears to have fixed the persistent WiFi issues that introduced with 3.1.

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Downloading 3.2 right now. Yippy. Taking a bit longer than 10 minutes but I only have 1.5 mbps DSLow.

Last edited:

jjwred7

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Just got it today. Havent played with it yet to see if there are any improvements. Update was simple and flawless thought. Probably 15 mins overall from Download to install.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582