Best Buy Preorders?

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just placed my order on BB.com and immediately called the store, Oak Park store in Overland Park, KS. The guys must have had a few calls already as he was pretty annoyed and just said, "no, we don't have any EVOs yet, thank you" and hung up. Apparently I wasn't the first call, ha!:D

naldiian

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Any stores indicating available inventory for non-pre-orders? Or do they seem to be getting exactly the number to match their pre-orders?

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to check an instore preorder status by using my order number from the BB preorder agreement sheet?

Soon to be sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.

BRoberts0107

May 16, 2012
Visit site
BestBuy.com order update:
Around noon eastern I got an email that there was a problem with my order, and to call within 48 hours if I didn't want the order cancelled. I immediately went to my local Best Buy (Florence,KY) to see what they thought, and the guy thought I'd have better luck getting one from them, so I pre-ordered there. I'm last in line, but who knows? Then I called BB. Then I called again when I had time to wait on hold. Finally someone came on, told me he had to talk to someone else about it, and when he came back gave me some story involving stock and customs and they'll call me back in a half hour. That was an hour and a half ago.

My order status has changed from "Backordered" to "in process of being fulfilled" but my credit card has not been charged yet.

I think I'm going to start a thread for "Who's last to get the Customs BS story?"

Update: I called again, was on hold for even longer, but not fed any BS, and it seems things are resolved, and now my order status gives an estimated ship time of 1 -2 days where before there was nothing. We'll see who can get me the phone faster.

Last edited:

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email,my phone is ready for pick up. I have until the 26th, sadly I can't get it until 10am tomorrow since I get paid tomorrow.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
OK just got off the phone with BB (again)
The reason I got the "There is a problem with your order" email is because Sprint changed how LTE phones need to be activated by third parties. The require a different code, even though it's the same plan, and Best Buy was not set up for it, but they have since fixed the problem.

My Evo 4G LTE is being shipped and I should have a tracking number tonight or tomorrow!

Also got my $50 gift card emailed to me, so that's a good sign :)

Last edited:

toolbox7448

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I just received a phone call from Best Buy (Portage, MI). They informed me that the phones are still in customs but for some reason emails are being sent saying that it's ready to be picked up but they don't actually have the phones. Very frustrated by their complete ineptitude in dealing with this issue. Way too much confusion and complete break down in communications.

I feel like calling their corporate complaints line and letting them know just how frustrating this has been. I understand the delay was not their fault however they have handled the situation very poorly starting with the emails with incorrect dates and then no communication at all ending with misinformation directly from the store.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
OK just got off the phone with BB (again)
The reason I got the "There is a problem with your order" email is because Sprint changed how LTE phones need to be activated by third parties. The require a different code, even though it's the same plan, and Best Buy was not set up for it, but they have since fixed the problem.

My Evo 4G LTE is being shipped and I should have a tracking number tonight or tomorrow!

I got the same email. Damn near wrecked my car!

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I just got an email from bestbuy that my preorder is ready to pick up in store (cumming, ga).

have not received any phone calls from best buy.

Will be going after work.

If Cumming has it, then I would think Atlanta-Buckhead would as well. May need to call the store back...

johnrhoward

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Order Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in null - null days. Interesting. I wonder if that means I get it immediately or never.

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Got a call this morning from my Best Buy, telling me my Evo had arrived! Picked it up during lunch, and charging it now. Initial thoughts: IT IS AWESOME.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wisak2556