[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/201

[INFO]Big Update Announcement!
Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 has been released. Sblood86 and I have been working on some pretty substantial things, and they've become stable enough to warrant a new release!

About this release:
1) There is now an "advanced backup" menu item in the "backup and restore" menu. You can now create partial backups (in case you want to upgrade ROM versions but want to keep your data partition, and other cases).

2) When you install a ZIP package using "choose zip from sdcard", you are now prompted to make a nandroid backup. This is NOT required and you may choose "no" and the installation will continue as normal. There is a way to disable this prompt and that will be detailed in the upcoming documentation we are writing.

3) Nandroid backups will now fail if there is less than 400MB left on the sdcard. You will be asked to either continue the backup anyway (not recommended), delete old backups via a fancy-schmancy menu, or cancel backup entirely.

4) There is now a "delete old backups" menu item in the "backup and restore" menu. This will allow you to view (and delete of course) any backups you wish. Pretty self-explanatory.

5) In a previous post, I had stated that future releases of Cannibal Open Touch would be built against thekraven's repository instead of IHO. This is no longer the case, however I have applied a local fix to the IHO repository that forces some build.prop values to be "thunderc" to fix the issues many of you had installing some ROMs.

As always, hit up the first post for the download![/INFO]

Last edited:

deejayadhd

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

you hydro types are pretty slick... when do things stop getting better?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

you hydro types are pretty slick... when do things stop getting better?

You know what they say, never say never. Well to this question I answer NEVER! :D

Minor note: Kindle Fire version should be up some time in the near future. No ETA at this time.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

[INFO]Big Update Announcement!
Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 has been released. Sblood86 and I have been working on some pretty substantial things, and they've become stable enough to warrant a new release!

About this release:
1) There is now an "advanced backup" menu item in the "backup and restore" menu. You can now create partial backups (in case you want to upgrade ROM versions but want to keep your data partition, and other cases).

2) When you install a ZIP package using "choose zip from sdcard", you are now prompted to make a nandroid backup. This is NOT required and you may choose "no" and the installation will continue as normal. There is a way to disable this prompt and that will be detailed in the upcoming documentation we are writing.

3) Nandroid backups will now fail if there is less than 400MB left on the sdcard. You will be asked to either continue the backup anyway (not recommended), delete old backups via a fancy-schmancy menu, or cancel backup entirely.

4) There is now a "delete old backups" menu item in the "backup and restore" menu. This will allow you to view (and delete of course) any backups you wish. Pretty self-explanatory.

5) In a previous post, I had stated that future releases of Cannibal Open Touch would be built against thekraven's repository instead of IHO. This is no longer the case, however I have applied a local fix to the IHO repository that forces some build.prop values to be "thunderc" to fix the issues many of you had installing some ROMs.

As always, hit up the first post for the download![/INFO]

NICE! I've been the victim of quite a few quote "successful" unquote nandroid backups that are actually incomplete and cause chaos....so an auto-fail is a good idea. I also love that you can delete backups from within recovery. It's so annoying to have to boot back into android to delete a backup after you realize you're out of space while you're already in recovery :p

Thanks Drew!

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Drew, any word on the current time bug in the recovery? Mine always shows 5 hrs ahead of my current time, Central time

Sent from my Frozen Optimus S

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Drew, any word on the current time bug in the recovery? Mine always shows 5 hrs ahead of my current time, Central time

Which is GMT -5, I am in California with GMT -7 and mine is off by 7 hours. :D

It uses GMT, look at every nand you have ever made, the timestamp is GMT.

Reactions: drewwalton19216801

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it possable to compress/decompress the backup to save space on sdcard? I think a feature like that would be sweet without Havering to do it manually in android
Awesome!:D
Drew your starting to make me think your some kinda RPG experience engine,you calculate battle exp...then my Droid gains a level!!

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: ShadowEO

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Which is GMT -5, I am in California with GMT -7 and mine is off by 7 hours. :D

It uses GMT, look at every nand you have ever made, the timestamp is GMT.

Yeah I've noticed that. Possibilities of it using specified timezone? System time, or a setting in the advanced section?

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've noticed that. Possibilities of it using specified timezone? System time, or a setting in the advanced section?

Or maybe just a clock no timezones just 12 hr clock you can set am/pm and to get really fancy a alarm so long as you got a recovery you have a reliable alarm
(useful for flashaholics/alcoholics that pass out at 4:30am);)
how much recovery space do we have exactly?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Is it possable to compress/decompress the backup to save space on sdcard? I think a feature like that would be sweet without Havering to do it manually in android
Awesome!:D
Drew your starting to make me think your some kinda RPG experience engine,you calculate battle exp...then my Droid gains a level!!

One version of CWMT had tar backups enabled but it causes issues. There is a reason Koush specifically disabled compressed backups on yaffs2 partitions, and a damn good one I might add.

And no, we are not (read: not ever) going to add an alarm clock feature to Cannibal Open Touch.

To answer your question about space, I've managed to slim the recovery image down to about 4.5 MB (that's a HUGE improvement over 6.8 MB).

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

One of the other recoveries for the Fire, TWRP, has a config setting to display local time, but nand timestamps are still GMT. It might be possible, up to drew, not important to me. I do like seeing battery level though!

Kindle Fire w Hashcode ICS ROM + 3.0 kernel & Tapatalk 2

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

One of the other recoveries for the Fire, TWRP, has a config setting to display local time, but nand timestamps are still GMT. It might be possible, up to drew, not important to me. I do like seeing battery level though!

Kindle Fire w Hashcode ICS ROM + 3.0 kernel & Tapatalk 2

Yes it's possible, but it's not on our priority list. Let's be honest, who really uses recovery as a clock?

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe just a clock no timezones just 12 hr clock you can set am/pm and to get really fancy a alarm so long as you got a recovery you have a reliable alarm
(useful for flashaholics/alcoholics that pass out at 4:30am);)
how much recovery space do we have exactly?

And maybe the ability to make phone calls and texts too right?

Excuse my sarcasm but don't you think an ALARM CLOCK in recovery is a bit crazy? The point of a recovery is to get in, do your business, and get out.

ctgova

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

@Drew

The installation comes up aborted when I try to apply /sdcard/update.zip
it is saying unknown volume for path [SDCARD:update.zip]
can't mount SDCARD:update.zip

ctgova

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Hey drew, I love all the work that you do, but every time i go to flash_image for an update, i always get this!

Screen%20shot%202012-06-25%20at%201.54.01%20PM.JPG

How can I fix it?

ctgova

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

^^What Pkt_Lnt posted^^

@kyle

Reboot your phone and try again.

ctgova

Last edited:
Status