Why is there nothing going on with this phone dissapointed!!

thekidcalledl

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
This phone was promoted so well before it got delayed and now its here i have it a million bug issues , google walet still doesnt work , it lags still when it shouldnt with the specs it has the specs beat the nexus and gs3 but still all i hear about is gs3 and the nexus, wheres the roms theres only like 4 that dont update often, wheres the stock asop for this phone that works wheres the positive threads on this phone... im so pissed to see the nexus has jellybean and the s3 is almost done with its jellybean rom and nothing for this phone when the original evo was the first to get gingerbread compared to alot of phones and has way more roms at a faster pace, can developers and sprint with all the issues get on the ball please

thekidcalledl

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow i must have been late just saw the update now but does it work, and i do hope jellybean does come i felt like htc got lazy this year and theyre down in sales again compared to samsung as well... I want to be able to brag about my phone like i did when the first evo came out thats all i want and more roms definately more roms lol

thekidcalledl

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Did htc take this long for the first evo to release their source code? i feel like htc is so concerned about meeting sales goals for the quarter they are lost in what theyre doing with the empty promises and delays, they should release the source code and not have sense so integrated and hard to crack because more devs would buy the phone and promote it more if the left it open.. I would love to see infected rom on this evo or stock rom

thekidcalledl

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
@pew446 i never liked touchwiz because it reminded me of the iphone and i bought the evo 4g lte because i compared the specs of the s3 nexus and evo 4g lte and the lte won if you check in phonearena.com or other sites so im with you on this one im trying to figure out why the s3 is getting so much love but theres nothing on the evo 4g lte , s3 has 3 times more post on ac then the evo

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
@pew446 i never liked touchwiz because it reminded me of the iphone and i bought the evo 4g lte because i compared the specs of the s3 nexus and evo 4g lte and the lte won if you check in phonearena.com or other sites so im with you on this one im trying to figure out why the s3 is getting so much love but theres nothing on the evo 4g lte , s3 has 3 times more post on ac then the evo

I think because people who have the Evo4GLTE were probably coming from the OG Evo or Evo3 D and they were very familiar with sense and its great operating capabilities and smoothness. Therefore no need to brag, because the people who purchased it are just so comfortable with it.:beer:;):thumbup::D

sent from EVO4GLTE

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I sound dumb, but why are people so hyped over the S3? I don't even think its that great of a phone...

It has tons of eye candy features, removable battery, Sd card, its white, and its fast. Plus multitasking works.

I just wish it had a LCD screen. The screen is too dull and has that awful blue tint.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
OP, have you checked out XDA lately? There are a ton of ROMs and mods over there if that's what you're looking for. The rooting/roms/hacks subforum here is pretty stale, and it's basically a conduit to XDA anyway.
Most of the ROMs are Sense-based, and you're going to have to wade through the threads to differentiate them. The one with the most legs seems to be Mean ROM - it's updated pretty much daily, and it's the only one I know of that's overclockable right now (although why you would need to overclock this phone is beyond me...). CM9 and AOKP are still works in progress. CM9 seems very close - some are already using it as their daily driver.
As noted above, once source drops development will blow through the roof.

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
It has tons of eye candy features, removable battery, Sd card, its white, and its fast. Plus multitasking works.

I just wish it had a LCD screen. The screen is too dull and has that awful blue tint.

I guess I just don't understand. The phone doesn't look that nice imo, plus white phones have always been kind of ugly to me. The S3 doesn't look very revolutionary or anything, just a round white phone with no pizzazz. The EVO at least has a cool design, with the two separate materials on the back plus a kick stand, and the metal trim. I don't care much for removable batteries, because why should I? I don't root my phones, I buy them for what they are, not for what I can possibly turn them into. The EVO has an SD card slot, so I don't know why that would be a big deal, and the EVO is fast too. As for multitasking, I'm sure we'll see an update to fix it soon. It doesn't bother me much.

Reactions: Gladius Nova

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess I just don't understand. The phone doesn't look that nice imo, plus white phones have always been kind of ugly to me. The S3 doesn't look very revolutionary or anything, just a round white phone with no pizzazz. The EVO at least has a cool design, with the two separate materials on the back plus a kick stand, and the metal trim. I don't care much for removable batteries, because why should I? I don't root my phones, I buy them for what they are, not for what I can possibly turn them into. The EVO has an SD card slot, so I don't know why that would be a big deal, and the EVO is fast too. As for multitasking, I'm sure we'll see an update to fix it soon. It doesn't bother me much.

In another thread HTC sent an email to a poster stating that the multitasking doesn't need a fix because it works as it should, killing programs that are not in use for a few moments yet eating up ram.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Just Google "HTC Evo LTE ugly" and you'll find an evening worth of reading material. The design of the new Evo has taken quite a beating. Adopters are talking about immediately slapping a case on to hide the back of the phone. One poster says he makes sure he sets his Evo down on a table face side up when in public. Tons of threads talking about methods for painting or sanding the top plastic piece. People wondering if there will be after market matt finished plastic pieces created. The back of the phone gets more attention than its specs.
The S3 may not have a ground breaking design. It definitely didn't push the envelope. Some say it's attractive. Most seem to say it's bland. Boring.
But no one's worried about placing one back side up on a table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard