Unroot and relock my nexus

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
There is a relock remotely app and also mobile Odin to restore stock (I believe you have to relock first because the app requires root...)

Also are you sure the port is busted? Gnex ports can be picky about cables... they can be damaged but its possible to be mistaken

I'd thought mine was ruined two times before realizing it was the cables that were respectively damaged and poorly sized...yeah this happened twice and took time to realize

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Idk. It's weird. Like, if I plug it in when the phone is off, it will say that it's charging, but when it's on it won't do the same. It doesn't seem to detect it or "acknowledge" it. Can I perform the commands when the phone is off?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue a few months ago and ended up sending the phone back to Verizon rooted and unlocked. I was never charged thank god, but would have argued if they did try charging me since it was a hardware issue and not software.

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Cool, it gives me a little bit of confidence that I won't be charged since you weren't. Thanks. I'm still gonna try to load up the factory rom and lock the device through adb.

Does anyone know if I can download the stock verizon "rom" and load it onto my phone? I rather have it stock and unlocked instead of CM and unlocked. I should be able to download the stock through the phones web browser right?

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
You might want to check the ROM you are using to see if it has the "fastcharge MOD". Maybe it's turned on and causing an issue.

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
How would I go about that? Do you think CM9 has the fastcharge MOD? And also, do you think that would cause the phone not to be recognized by my computer even when it's in bootloader?

Last edited:

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the ROM you're running. Look for performance settings or kernel options in the settings menus. I would think that most ROMs would have this option set to "off" by default if it even has it. It would have most likely you would have had to set yourself so it's not likely that you did it without knowing. I don't how it would affect your phone.

Also, make sure you are using the supplied Samsung cable. As pointed out above, this can be a problem with Samsungs. I had trouble using Odin with a Fascinate and a generic usb cable.

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Returning to Stock Without USB Access
(This guide assume you are rooted and need to return to stock.)

CDMA users: Mobile Odin won't flash CDMA radios. Verizon users using an unofficial radio can flash the most recent official radios from here.

An Automated Bootloader Unlock/Relock Application can be found HERE.
Re-lock your bootloader with that application and continue below to the ODIN portion of this guide.

If you prefer to do this process manually:

Install Terminal Emulator.
Download THIS file and use a file explorer to put it on the root of your SD card (not in a folder).

Open up Terminal Emulator and run these commands:
Code:
su
(Hit Enter)
Allow Root Access.
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/param.lock of=dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/param
(Hit Enter)
This should lock your bootloader.

SPRINT Odin Files
VERIZON and GSM Odin Files

Download the appropriate ODIN.tar files on your phone (PDA files only for CDMA users).
DO NOT use odin files designed for another device.
Download and install Mobile Odin.
Use Mobile Odin to open the .tar file you just downloaded and return to stock.

Congratulations!
You should be back to stock and with a locked bootloader!
*NOTE*
I have not personally tested this method. I've dotted my i's and crossed my t's as far as I know.
However, if this didn't work for you: Feel free to PM me as I have another more-complex method that I have up my sleeve.

A few users have reported this working!

If you're currently freaking out thinking you're even MORE stuck with a locked bootloader and your rooted system:
Download THIS file and put it on the root of your SD card.
Run these commands into Terminal Emulator:
Code:
su
(Hit Enter)
Allow Root Access.
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/param.unlock of=dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/param
(Hit Enter)
This will unlock your bootloader again.

A HUGE thanks to Efrant for providing the param.zip and making me aware of the existence of this possibility.

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I think I may have digested your instructions. Let me know if I got this straight though:

First, LOCK the bootloader?
Second, do the ODIN thing for Verizon.
And I'm done?

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. I will try this later tonight when my new phone comes in. I really appreciate all the help you guys.

EDIT:

A little confused. Don't know which file to download from the Verizon Odin files link.

"Verizon:
SCHi515 Odin files - VzW-PDA-ODIN-I515EL03_ICL53F_signed.tar - Minus> Used for PDA button
http://min.us/mixXBWeEJ/1> Used for PHONE button"

Last edited:

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
PDA, I think. Whichever is the larger download is the one you want. The other is just radio.img's.
Sorry, at work or I'd check.

Remember to flash the latest official radios before starting if you're using leaked ones.

Edit:
Confirmed.
PDA.

Last edited:

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Idk. It's weird. Like, if I plug it in when the phone is off, it will say that it's charging, but when it's on it won't do the same. It doesn't seem to detect it or "acknowledge" it. Can I perform the commands when the phone is off?

(Thanks to jubakuba for doing the legwork I saw this guide before but I wasn't sure if I was correct and I only found a dodgy blog post after a quick search)

OP I'm guessing you already tried plugging into PC while off and booting into boot loader then typing fastboot devices?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
HELP!

1. I locked the phone (which works [the little unlock icon isn't there anymore])
  2. I bought and downloaded odin
  3. I downloaded the PDA tar file
  4. I loaded up the tar file in mobile odin, and i clicked "wipe dalvik and cache and all that stuff"
  5. I clicked flash firmware but cyanogen mod started up....
  6. Shouldn't I have went back to stock vzw?

Any ideas?

Note that in mobile odin:
Before I loaded up the tar
Kernel
Recovery
System
Data
Cache
Modem
were all blank. Then I loaded up the PDA tar and:
Kernel
Recovery
System
Data
were all filled in but
Cache
Modem
are still empty. Does that give anyone any clues?

Also, it has the option to enable everoot... should I enable or disable that? Also, when I try again, should I wipe data and cache, and wipe dalvik cache?

Last edited:

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy