?? the L@@Ter's lounge ??

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with each rationale.

The dumbing down of America is reaching epic proportions. People can't spell or form a coherent thought and state succinctly a point of view. Instead, they just blurt out the most contentious comment possible to get the party started. :eek: Smh.

Thoughtful debate is a dying art in some of these parts. ;)

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with each rationale.

The dumbing down of America is reaching epic proportions. People can't spell or form a coherent thought and state succinctly a point of view. Instead, they just blurt out the most contentious comment possible to get the party started. :eek: Smh.

Thoughtful debate is a dying art in some of these parts. ;)

via Gnex

Guilty as charged.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read, you're hardly guilty of dumbing down.

Now getting the party started, well...

:cool:

via Gnex

Wizard's First Rule is the one I find most annoying of all. In my mind when stupid and logic meet, logic should win; but it seems that because people are stupid and that they are not vigilant against misinformation, the more they reassure themselves that either the stupid or the lie are correct, and the more willing they are to become defensive. I don't get why saying, "oh, I was wrong... interesting!" or "hmm, that makes a lot of sense, let me consider it... okay, but what about ____" are considered negative things to say. As if somehow not being born with an undying and unchangeable opinion is a fault.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Wizard's First Rule is the one I find most annoying of all. In my mind when stupid and logic meet, logic should win; but it seems that because people are stupid and that they are not vigilant against misinformation, the more they reassure themselves that either the stupid or the lie are correct, and the more willing they are to become defensive. I don't get why saying, "oh, I was wrong... interesting!" or "hmm, that makes a lot of sense, let me consider it... okay, but what about ____" are considered negative things to say. As if somehow not being born with an undying and unchangeable opinion is a fault.

As is 'evolving' in one's opinion about something. It is a sign of intelligence if you receive new facts and reform an opinion based on those new facts. I don't know how we got to the point we are now when dogma and doctrine rule the day with absolutely no room to re- evaluate one's position based on new and factual information.

And when science is scorned... Oh Copernicus, we hardly knew ye. :rolleyes:

via Gnex

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
taby5anu.jpg

Sent from my XT907

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members