HELP! Need to get G1 Working or Dieter Will Kill Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rene Ritchie

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Awesome! I definitely need spend more time with Marketplace next time I have the luxury of a G1!

By the way, I find that the Anycut, Weather Channel, and twidroid are great apps. Also, Divide and Conquer, coloroid, and Pac Man are kind of addictive.

Good Luck!

EDIT: Oh, and SpellDial too.

Dr. Tyrell

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Re: market

Awesome! I definitely need spend more time with Marketplace next time I have the luxury of a G1!
I have spent much more time in the market than I expected. How does it compare to the iPhone's market for quality and ease of use? So far, the main thing that annoys me is the comments.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I just took a look, and I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for.
I have no internet access out at my house. With Outlook all my PIM and Mail is on my Laptop and my phone whether I am connected to the internet or not.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
What I need is something where all my contacts, appointments, and mail is always on desktop, even when I'm not connected to the internet. But then syncs with google cal, gmail, and contacts when I'm online.

cjdaniel

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
What I need is something where all my contacts, appointments, and mail is always on desktop, even when I'm not connected to the internet. But then syncs with google cal, gmail, and contacts when I'm online.

I don't use it now but have used it in the past. Thunderbird syncs email, calendar nicely, and if I am not mistaken, it now has a way to sync contacts also.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

Dr. Tyrell

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Re: dead

There's even less activity here than the iphone RR.
More spam than posts. :( Not even any status here. Well, let's just assume that the G1 Android is so good that the week two reviewer doesn't need any help. I know I picked up on it immediately. :D

Dr. Tyrell

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Re: appointments

Maybe I already asked this;
Is there a way to have upcoming appointments show on the today screen.
(or home screen - not sure what it's called)
Calendar items appear in the status bar as notifications from 3 hours to 1 week in advance. You can also set audible and vibrate alerts. Is that what you meant?

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
These are a couple examples from other OS's of what I'm looking for:
1zznhuh.png

boldcrossbarplus_home2.gif

chuazy

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
yes. under google calendar, not on the home screen.

a better home screen for android will be good, though the notification bar is pretty useful + status light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf