Droid DNA update

jprausch

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll download Nova and play around with it this weekend to get the hang of it and see if I like it. I may have more questions after that. And speaking of the transparent notification bar (so snazzy!), am I crazy or did the favorites dock at the bottom lose transparency. I can't remember now, but wasn't it transparent before the upgrade? Now it's not. Makes the homescreen feel smaller.

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Another question after the update. when I get an incoming call from someone in my contacts & if they have a picture their picture appears above the name but it is covered with a black grid that you can see through but why is it there and how do you get rid of it ?
Thanks

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll download Nova and play around with it this weekend to get the hang of it and see if I like it. I may have more questions after that. And speaking of the transparent notification bar (so snazzy!), am I crazy or did the favorites dock at the bottom lose transparency. I can't remember now, but wasn't it transparent before the upgrade? Now it's not. Makes the homescreen feel smaller.

I can't remember. I've been using a launcher for as long as I've had the phone, so hopefully someone else will know.

- - - Updated - - -

Another question after the update. when I get an incoming call from someone in my contacts & if they have a picture their picture appears above the name but it is covered with a black grid that you can see through but why is it there and how do you get rid of it ?
Thanks

If you can get rid of it, I haven't figured out how. I think it's part of Sense 5.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had the update for 24 hours now and...I don't like it. Things I miss and/or are annoyed by:

• The app drawer now scrolls vertically instead of horizontally. Okay..whatever, HTC. Was it really that crucial to switch scrolling direction?

• Just to address that piece.. Vertically was HTC 's old way of scrolling. My guess is this is a "fix", because as I remember it, there was some backlash when it went to horizontal. Personally, I like it better vertically... Up and down is a much more natural motion for my thumb.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Love the new look/feel of 4.2.2 & Sense 5. Heck; even enjoying Blinkfeed.

What I don't like is the heavy battery drain. It's really impacting my enjoyment of all the other new goodies.

I keep hoping its just a matter of the DNA's battery re-adjusting and re-calibrating with 4.2.2 & Sense 5 - keeping my fingers crossed. :cool:

BTW - when I check Settings/Power/Usage: it is ALWAYS "HTC Sense" as using the most resources, typically ~25% or so!!!

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Love the new look/feel of 4.2.2 & Sense 5. Heck; even enjoying Blinkfeed.

What I don't like is the heavy battery drain. It's really impacting my enjoyment of all the other new goodies.

I keep hoping its just a matter of the DNA's battery re-adjusting and re-calibrating with 4.2.2 & Sense 5 - keeping my fingers crossed. :cool:

BTW - when I check Settings/Power/Usage: it is ALWAYS "HTC Sense" as using the most resources, typically ~25% or so!!!

I wonder if that's part of the problem? A setting? I don't have the battery drain problem and my usage for HTC Sense is at 3%

bigberries

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

I am seeing this also, but not for every picture. I think some of my pictures may have been placed in my contacts list by the Facebook app and those are the pictures that are screwy.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
???
Do you mean the Location Services settings? One can only turn on or off the Verizon, Standalone or Google Location Services. I don't see anything about location reporting?

Go into Google Maps settings, "Google location settings", "location reporting". I'm not sure if that'll make Maps show on the usage list or HTC Sense, though, now that I think about it. Still a huge battery waster.

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Turn off fastboot if it's on and power your phone down 3 times, not a restart but a full power down for about a minute. Do it 3 times and it may fix your battery problems. Don't ask me why but it's helped me a couple of times now with rogue apps and such. Factory reset would be a last resort

ripewithdecay

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh, here's a question. Can phone volumes and notification volumes be maintained separately now?

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but "volume butler" will allow separate control of ringer and alert volumes. I know this post is from a couple weeks ago but I just discovered the app and figured I'd share since this problem has annoyed me since I got my phone.

Posted via Android Central App

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Battery drain culprit?

I went to settings/Mobile data /network preferred.
There I found it set to global mode. We don't use this in the U S so I changed to lte/cdma.
This may be why battery drains. It's scanning for global non stop?