Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) won't charge or turn on.

DaiReal1

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy tab 2 7in wont charge or turn on.

Seems like a bad wall charger for sure. My spouse was having a problem charging his tab 2, I used the wall charger from my tab 3 and it started charging immediately as well as powered on.

Kayla Leroux

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

It's still not working dude it gets stuck on the samsung switch on screen still I also tried factory reset in the end-still not working :(

John Bruner

May 1, 2013
Visit site

The simultaneous up / down button hold for 10 sec and select reboot.. system went into same state (not charging) held up / down button again and presto all is well.. tab is charging.

sue_d_Nym

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

In response to Rob 1908 and stephanie_pierce (and anyone else whose galaxy tab won't turn on and won't charge)...
My daughter had the same problem. Based on the information in this thread, she connected it to a car charger today (cigarette lighter adapter to usb) and it now turns on. She's waiting to see if it's really charging, but at least it will turn on while plugged in.
Update 6 hours later ...no apparent luck with the car charger approach. Trying the various button press approaches next.

Last edited:

GoogleUser01

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

My tab 3 purchased in October 2013 but not used until December died completely after the second day of use and wouldn't charge at all. I sent it gack to Samsung through the repair process and received it working very well and now charging with a work order that stated software replacement.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

My tablet has no case to open it.My mother always kept charging it but it shows only a bar and load a second and then it only shows one bar and then it turns off.I left it charge 5:00 pm. and i woke up in the morning i look my tablet its not charging kept happening what happen when my mother charge it. I'm so worry i cant open it.I pray to GOD.The thing that goes in to my mind if i sleep i'm gonna let my tablet charge and then i woke up nothing happen.And i start crying and crying and crying all the time.I miss my tablet.Much till now its not charging. :'(

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

how can i buy another charger,because my mother buy my tablet at manila city from phillipinesm,and i;m from mindoro.I dont know what to do.! :(

Gonzalo Martinez1

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

awww i wish i would of read this b4 opening mine i thouht it was my power botton that was stuck, but yes it was that the battery was totaly dead. now to open the back all you have to do is use a flat head and start priving the back cover

valleyman100

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Well like most of you I have tried different chargers sockets and lap tops to charge my Galaxy tab 2tab 7 inch- and almost having the will to leave me entirely
A little helping hand of "hold the sound level up and down keys together for ten seconds" there was a boost of life from my tab and it rebooted and I left it alone for about an hour
charging on the pc and it was quite happily filling up its little power bars - thank you

Misha951

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I tried this method and it actually worked. My Tablet was over half charged and just wouldn't turn on or charge. After holding down the power and volume button for a bit and then randomly pressing them it turned on! Thanks!

Bre Brogle

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Did the tablet work agian and how did you take the baxk off was there a reset button to?please reply i need to know

JessPeters

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site

I managed to get the back of mine off without problems using my nail (to get it started) and a hair clip...

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Sup everybody, im just going to post a alternative solution that worked for me because i tried all the solutions here(except the 2A charger due to lack of resources) and they didnt not work.
Sometime ago during my frustration i tried a whole lot of button combos and all of a sudden i saw the blue battery icon loaded all the way across, so i immediately tried to put it in the wall outlet(it was attached to my laptop) and then i lost it in the transition..but couple weeks later i decided to give it a long random button test again and i got it.....

Heres what i did; i held down the volume keys(both) until the battery icon doesn't appear then let go to get it start(in this state it still doesn't charge), after some seconds it while shut off and the blue battery loop starts again, you will just do the volume keys press again(1-2x) after that it should be too low to even start that way but you should see the battery all-the-way charging at this point...hope this helps for people who were in agony just like me :)

Sierra1167

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Before you start prying off the back, try holding the volume buttons(up and down) and the power button simultaneously for about 20 seconds. Mine rebooted and was able to charge again. When mine went down it was at 66%, but when I got it to reboot, it was at 2%. If the battery is completely dead, you may be able to get it to reboot by having it plugged in at the time you try this. I found this suggestion elsewhere on Android Central and it definitely worked for me. I was happy that I tried it first before possibly damaging the tablet by trying to get the back off. Hope this helps!

Moeen Tahir

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
i tried holding volume button (both up and down) and power button for 20 seconds, and next time it was charging normally. I tried all different chargers but apparently this is the easy solution to get it start (if your battery is totally dead then you need to connect it with wall charger before you do that)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024