Why do people hate the Galaxy S5?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There really is NO standard...not even 16GB. You still see "mini" version phones with 4GB. I would just always want the option for at least 32GB but I don't think that's a common desire across most customers even...but more so the power user. Of my 4 iOS devices only one is 64GB, the rest are 32GB and I'd be happy with just 32GB if that was all I could get. However, for the average customer 16GB is more than enough, especially with cloud storage available.

via the tablet

I disagree. To me there is a standard. Majority of top-end phones start at the 16 GB mark and then go up. The "mini" to me doesn't count since... it is more of a downgraded version so it wouldn't follow the standard of the top models.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm basically sold on the S5, my only complaint is that I'll have to wait for the 32 GB version to come out. The build quality won't be as good as my Razr Maxx but its still pretty promising.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
People complain that the S5 is too similar in appearance to past Galaxy S devices. However... for people like me who has never had a Galaxy S device, this won't matter. Others complain that the device will have a cheap feel to it because it's plastic. Well I'm coming from a Nexus 4. Although the Nexus 4 is made from Gorilla Glass, it too feels like plastic.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
1) Touchwiz. Even the name is awful - it sounds like pee.

2) Plastic. When Apple went with glass for the iPhone, plastic became a mark of inferiority. When HTC and Apple went all metal, plastic became associated with bad taste and cheapness. Unless Nokia was using plastic, in which case it was a different, classier plastic.

3) Burned in the past. Samsung put out some real garbage in the past - the Moment was one of the worst Android phones ever, and GPS was awful until the S4. A lot of people still have an axe to grind over issues like that.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

2) Plastic. When Apple went with glass for the iPhone, plastic became a mark of inferiority. When HTC and Apple went all metal, plastic became associated with bad taste and cheapness. Unless Nokia was using plastic, in which case it was a different, classier plastic.

3) Burned in the past. Samsung put out some real garbage in the past - the Moment was one of the worst Android phones ever, and GPS was awful until the S4. A lot of people still have an axe to grind over issues like that.

Haters gotta hate

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
LOL. I was describing reasons why some people hate Samsung, not why I hate Samsung. I have the S4 and Note 2014 and the S5 on pre-order, so obviously not a "hater".

I do, however, dislike the Touchwiz launcher.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Well in that case nobody should buy an htc because of how awful their devices were in the past (thunderbolt ring a bell) every company makes a crap device once or twice, and yes even apple with the iPhone 4 antenna issue.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I never get why people hate stock launchers, are you forced to use them? Is there a gun to your head that will fire off a few rounds if you switch to something else? Then why complain, lol

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I never get why people hate stock launchers, are you forced to use them? Is there a gun to your head that will fire off a few rounds if you switch to something else? Then why complain, lol

Changing the launching just does that...changes the launcher. If you have a real disdain for TouchyWiz then changing the launcher will not fix that.

via the phone ⚪

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova and that takes care of my Touchwiz problem. But some people don't like anything that has Samsung customizations, from the dialer to the camera app.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It's the collective name for all of the customizations Samsung made on top of Android. This includes the launcher, the phone app, the messaging app, the mail app, the app drawer, the camera app, and the shortcuts in the shade. It also includes all of the gimmicks like Smart Stay and Tilt to scroll. There probably more stuff -- that's what I know off the top of my head.

I use Nova as my launcher and turn off all the "Smart" and "S" features in settings. The other stuff is fine by me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg